Tennis Forum banner

Venus's tragic downfall and Amelie's rise to heaven.

2K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  Gus 
#1 ·
The only obstacle for Amelie-melo remains Lindsay, but I'm sure she'll make it in the final. She hates losing in a final.
As for Venus, it is quite sad, but it gives a little more thrill for the spectators...
BTW, I'm looking forward to an all-French semi-final Nathalie-Amelie...

#2 ·
I'm just taking it match by match and I hope Amelie does too!

#3 ·
My poor venus, oh well I knew beforehand she should have stayed home and practiced or rested. I think I'll back ameilie for the title now.

GO MOMO WORK THAT LESBIAN GIRL POWER THANG!

#14 ·
There is nothing tragic about Venus losing today; she lost her EIGHT match of the year and only the fourth to someone other than Serena. Carpet is her worst surface and since she doesn't play that much in the Fall (something she might want to change next year), it wasn't a surprise that she lost.

As far as Amelie rising, she has been as high as number five, only to fall out of the top ten. It is only her great play since Wilmbeldon that she is where she is now.

Also note: Venu has not been out of the top five since 1999.

#15 ·
lol, I think your reaction to Gus is almost as over-the-top as Gus' reaction to Venus' loss.

Sof: now you're just being silly ;)

#17 ·
Sorry, what? I was rereading your post and got stuck on "one stroke at time"

;)

Agreed, no jinxing. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must find some salt to throw over my shoulder or a rabbit that will let me borrow its foot...

#19 ·
Point par point, jeu par jeu, set par set, match par match, et on arrive à la place de numéro 3 mondiale, bébé... GOOOOOO

#24 ·
... or one girl at a time...

#25 ·
:eek: :eek:

:rolleyes: Cheeky mares! The lot of you!

But *AHEM* yes.. All of the above :eek:

However:

Linnie - Tis only one bottle at a time ;) One swig means I'll have to take shorter smaller swigs (which just WON'T do!)

And Gus! why only one girl at a time?! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.