Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,892 Posts
Yeah, Jennifer has a lot of points to defend as well. If Venus plays a full sched, it will be a battle royal between her, Lindsay, Jennifer and Martina for #1 this year. I figure Henin, Clijsters, Dokic, Serena and Monica to be major players in all this,. Gonna be a very interesting year!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Her quality of play is at stake if she plays more tournament.

her body composition cant take more than 15 tournaments. power will diminished for sure!!!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Venus fans - if Venus plays and wins Paris and Dubai which she is entered for she will be #1 in four weeks time as Jennifer is not playing and loses points from Oklahoma 2001 and those victories will just give Venus enough to overtake Jen I think.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Well, I hope that happens Mark :D

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Thanks alot Mark Newman:) Imho the top 5 maybe 6 are going to be neck in neck in all this.:)

All Venus needs to do is stay healthy and continue to win tourneys.:) Not to mention she has few points to defend at the end of the year as well.:)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Venus has already said though that she won't play again at the end of this year as she wants to go back to school. She said that in one of her Australian Open interviews.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Yeah, but she didn't play any tournaments at the end of the year in 2001 anyway. And she is still quite close to the number 1 ranking. All she has to do is to improve on that RG performance and the number 1 ranking should be achievable. ;) :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts