Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
venus has now given away 3 really close matches after being up in the match!!! miami to sharapova 6-2,2-6,and 5-7, jankovic in south carolina 6-3,3-6, and 6-7(5), now in warsaw to svetlana 6-3,3-6,and 4-6!!!
what can we assume after these matches that a once mentally tough champion has become a mentally fragile as amelie?
please share your thoughts!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts
:chokomomo: :fiery::fiery::kiss:

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Yup, she's definitely choking right now. No doubt about it. Hopefully after more matches she will stop.

·
Banned
4,328 Posts
her choking is expected for someone who had a long lay off due to surgery.she will catch up as the season goes on ,all she needs is confidence and a big win will do the trick.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
:lol:

Since when does three close losses like Venus' coming off
a nearly 6 month injury and having proved herself since she
came on tour suddenly make her a choker in any way shape
or form comparable to Mauresmo?

However, it is mental for Venus right now.

Venus: "The match was very dramatic, probably very good for public, but I didn't play good. I don't know why maybe it was a problem with my psyche, or it was mental problem. I need more time to find the answer. Physically I felt good."

As far as I'm concerned, it has been nice to see how quickly Venus' form is
returning after the injury/surgery with the time off as a rythum player. All
she has to do now is get her mind in alignment and it'll be fine!

I'm not complaining.

Can't wait for RG! :D

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
yes its really heartbreaking...
but no one is a choker forever...

·
Banned
189 Posts
please dont mention that big fat choker to me. i cannot stand her ass right now.

·
She's back. Why you mad?
2,895 Posts
Every match Venus has lost has been to a good player. These are not really chokes, her opponents played well in the pressure situations. A choke is being up a set and 5-2 against a player who has the temper of a bull and losing. Ring any bells? :angel:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily call it choking as much as it's a lack of having the mentality to close out matches. Oh wait, that sounds like choking :tape:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
She has surprised me this year.......I always expect Venus to win the tight 3 setters.

·
Banned
189 Posts
She has surprised me this year.......I always expect Venus to win the tight 3 setters.
she's too busy following her ugly golfer boyfriend around the golf course. she should be at home working on her sorry ass serv.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:aparty:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
no she's not. it's definitely mental but it's expected. not everyone can storm their way back on the comeback trail like kim, justine, and serena ;)

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
she's too busy following her ugly golfer boyfriend around the golf course. she should be at home working on her sorry ass serv.
You can't really be a Venus fan with this attitude. Venus has been working on her game and I can bet you she's not just sitting in fancy restaurants with her boyfriend, without working on her serve. Venus acutally came back earlier than expected, thus she is still working out the problems in her game.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts