Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Mary just say she wonders if Venus will even finish this match if she is in that much pain :confused: damn, Damn.....does she still have the stomach strain?? She just got broken...........ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,745 Posts
Yes I was very surprised. I have not gotten a chance to read Venus' interview. But with the way they are talking it seems as if her injury is back or something.

I'm confused. Good Luck V

·
Premium Member
20,745 Posts
Well Evie just broke, I don't know I wish they posted her interview!! I have no clue what she said. What is the point in playing while hurt? Her injury is a bad one she should just rest it. I'm scared she's gonna hurt herself more.

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
To be honest, Mary Carillo has scared the hell outta me with her dismal-ass commentating. She said that Venus said that Venus may not have been able to compete in this match. I hope Venus was using a bit of gamesmanship and trying to throw her opponent off.

To the contrary, though, Venus seems to be moving well. She is spraying her forehand all over the place and losing rallies she should win. My major concern for her is her fitness.

On a positive note, though, she is popping her second serve, and she seems rather alert in this match.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
she shouldnt be playing if she is still injured. It would be best to retire and recuperate for wimbledon. The way she is playing now she will be barely able to get bye evie let alone her quarterfinal against jen.

·
Premium Member
20,745 Posts
Well I just wish we could have some accurate info. Venus appears to be moving well and the surprising thing is she's playing better than she was against Reeves. However, I have no clue if she is feeling something or not.

They better post this interview!

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
her groundies aren't looking bad but the serve is still not that good- I don't know what the problem is but she's lucky that these girls aren't playing that well but this type of game will not get her any wins over Jenny, Kimmie ot Rena..i hope she's healthy.

Okay- she just broke 5:3 lets see if she can hold serve....

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
LUna,
Exactly!!!!! Her forehand is even starting to look better. Even Carillo just complimented her.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
I know that Venus really would like to win the French but frankly (though I hope I'm wrong) I don't think she can do it this year.

I think she is still injured and she clearly is not match tough. In the past she only needed to be 80% or so to beat anybody except the very top players. But this year, she needs to really play much better than I think she can do in this tourney.

I also would prefer that she be in top shape for Wimbledon. But let's hope she can win some matches that she probably should lose like Andre did yesterday.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Forget how she is playing...I need her to shave her underams :eek:

she is playing ok...just a lil erratic at times...

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
I also wish she would come to net more...

1 - 20 of 204 Posts