Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought we could have a thread to post/discuss Venus's twitter postings.

She's become quite regular on it and it's quite fascinating actually to read stuff about her. I've learnt a lot.

UPDATE: She sometimes posts longer updates on her facebook page, so I thought we could combine this thread with that. :)

http://twitter.com/Venuseswilliams

http://www.facebook.com/VenusWilliams

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Re: Vee Takin over Twitter

Yes, this is a good idea especially for people like me who don't have the time to follow her tweets or blogs but can check in on occasions to keep up. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well, this was her last tweet.

Venuseswilliams You all are the best. Love answering your questions. I like hearing what you all are in to. Gotta go back to training. ttyl, Vaveeveeabout
18 hours ago from web

Vaveeveeabout??? mmkay.

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Afternoon, it's been raining so me and my sidekick short Harold are resting. Countdown till Doha.about 17 hours ago from Tweetie

just heard a fun song with lupe fiasco with a jimi hendrix sample. That will be fun to dance to...after the season!about 10 hours ago from web

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

[Someone asked her what her plans for post season]:
some classes photoshop, logic by apple, sleep and dancing! @paulavergara Venus any plans for the post season other than muc needed sleep?about 16 hours ago from web

----

I go thru that stuff too :) @[email protected] I once stopped following u cuz I was mad at u for never responding to meabout 16 hours ago from web

[Oh girl I know the feeling!!1]

-----

@BigSascha hey bud i miss ya too, how is munich? guitar practice is bad, i keep procrastinating. you may be getting a great dinner...about 15 hours ago from web in reply to BigSascha

----

gnite yall, i have to practice in the am. love responding to you all. that is the best part of twitter for me. VESWabout 15 hours ago from web

------

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sorry to report that we didn't find any magic carpets yesterday but we found some pretty ones :)about 9 hours ago from web

---------------

we just finished the draw ceremony. i dressed unreasonably 80's, Serena was ridiculously 80's. hair to the side, pink lips, whole 9 yardsabout 1 hour ago from web

·
Registered
6,763 Posts

I hope she keeps us updated with twitter during the off season so we can know what she is up to!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

Amazing tweets by Venus Williams today :

"I am finally home! It took almost 24 hours of travel, I was very far away from home! The Championships was great, would have loved to have won but I learned a lot about tennis and myself....and that is even bigger than actually winning it. I am tired now. I am so happy for a rest and do some living away from the court! I am going to try to rest mentally too. I am always thinking about how I am going to get better. It will be a challenge to make myself stop thinking about tennis bc that is a important part of rest too. I am already looking forward to next season! I know its gonna be great. I am already planning for it!! I love this job! "

·
Registered
6,108 Posts

"I am finally home! It took almost 24 hours of travel, I was very far away from home! The Championships was great, would have loved to have won but I learned a lot about tennis and myself....and that is even bigger than actually winning it. I am tired now. I am so happy for a rest and do some living away from the court! I am going to try to rest mentally too. I am always thinking about how I am going to get better. It will be a challenge to make myself stop thinking about tennis bc that is a important part of rest too. I am already looking forward to next season! I know its gonna be great. I am already planning for it!! I love this job! "
heyyy i was just gonna post her tweets:fiery:

hmm...wonder what she learned. she has such a great attitude.:hearts:

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

thanks for posting this!

·
Dubai Love
52,261 Posts

Thanks.
Great to hear she learnt something about herself, hopefully that she needs to bring more against Serena:p She needs mental rest, so as well good to hear.
I wonder if she will enter Hobart or Sydney:scratch: 99% of me says no, but hopefully that 1% s right:p

·
Registered
6,763 Posts

Thanks for posting! It is so nice to hear from her and good news that she is looking forward to next season and still enjoying the competition. I hope one of things she is planning to improve is that lame second serve and quit the df. Rest up girl and have some fun for now!:wavey:

·
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
14,454 Posts

heyyy i was just gonna post her tweets:fiery:

hmm...wonder what she learned. she has such a great attitude.:hearts:
Well I think she said to her camp before she served out the match against JJ that she was cramping. :shrug: I think she learned that she is mentally and physically tougher than even she thought she was. :)

·
Registered
6,763 Posts

I used the link on page one and found this:
@LFahieJr no, but i will be in thailand and hong kong bf the ausie open @LFahieJr @Venuseswilliams Are you going to play Sydney in 2010?
For those who were hoping she would skip HK there you have it. Is there a tournament in Thailand or will she be vacationing there? She seem to be having a good time taking pictures for her book and she also referenced filming. Does that mean a movie project?:eek: Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks for the link, that was a great idea to keep in touch with Vee!:hearts:

1 - 20 of 402 Posts