Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/articles/5329194?source=Evening Standard

Sorry if someone has posted this already :wavey:

Venus to skip doubles
By Chris Jones, Evening Standard
16 June 2003
Former champion Venus Williams could struggle to make an impact at this year's Wimbledon because of a chest-muscle injury, writes Chris Jones.

Younger sister Serena, the defending champion, has revealed that the problem that ruined Venus's bid for glory at the French Open earlier this month means they cannot team up and defend their Wimbledon doubles title.

She said: "I don't think Venus should have played at Roland Garros. I will miss the doubles very much but it's not fair to put stress on her injury.

"I am sure I will get chill-bumps walking back into Wimbledon and not holding on to the French title was a disappointment but it only took me 20 minutes to get over that hurt.

"I am tough on myself when I lose and I am extremely determined coming into Wimbledon."

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
looks like ruano and suarez are in another final, i wonder who they will play.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Lol!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Well, when I read about Serena playing mixed doubles and then the reports on the Women's doubles as well, I wondered if both stories were correct, as I could hardly see Serena competing in all three events.

Now it makes more sense why she would be playing mixed doubles.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Mags said:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/articles/5329194?source=Evening Standard

Sorry if someone has posted this already :wavey:

Venus to skip doubles
By Chris Jones, Evening Standard
16 June 2003
Former champion Venus Williams could struggle to make an impact at this year's Wimbledon because of a chest-muscle injury, writes Chris Jones.

Younger sister Serena, the defending champion, has revealed that the problem that ruined Venus's bid for glory at the French Open earlier this month means they cannot team up and defend their Wimbledon doubles title.

She said: "I don't think Venus should have played at Roland Garros. I will miss the doubles very much but it's not fair to put stress on her injury.

"I am sure I will get chill-bumps walking back into Wimbledon and not holding on to the French title was a disappointment but it only took me 20 minutes to get over that hurt.

"I am tough on myself when I lose and I am extremely determined coming into Wimbledon."
and not holding on to the French title was a disappointment but it only took me 20 minutes to get over that hurt

Yeah, right, we believe that !

We will see if this is correct, if she meets Justine at Wimbledon. It was clear that the loss at Charleston spooked Serena when she met Justine at RG. Her confidence has been affected. She was very nervous playing Justine.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
LOL @ Rik, maybe she thought that herpes on her lip was contageous

·
Registered
838 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
LOL @ Rik, maybe she thought that herpes on her lip was contageous
It's very much possible that Serena thinks she doesn't have herpes simplex. The reality is that 90 % of the human race has this virus.

Every time Justine gets nervous her herpes breaks out.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
So we have to see that at every slam for how many more years? Can't she put a band-aid on? Maybe a hat, ro some sunglasses. Get a tattoo? Something!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
awwwww damn! Get well soon, Venus! Serena, play with Alex, you guys have won a title before! or dump Yev (if that's even true) and play mixed dubs with James! :drool:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
So we have to see that at every slam for how many more years? Can't she put a band-aid on? Maybe a hat, ro some sunglasses. Get a tattoo? Something!
a tatoo!! LMAO!!! maybe she should name it, "Herb" :D

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Who is Serena playing mixed doubles with?

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
spartan: supposedly Yevgeny Kafelnikov... but we'll see.

sjw: I'm used to taking things straight outta your mouth, luv. :drool:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
ok you lot need to stop making suggestive remarks to me today im actually emotionally scarred :(

;):drool::lick:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
ooh you are so gonna pay later on... :lick: :lap: :lick: :lap: :p :p :p

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Yeah another WC for the brits!

So then Bally/Julie, Anne/Amanda, Helen/Lucie Jane/Anna

1 - 20 of 44 Posts