Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, at tennis.com, they say she's commited to play the Bausch & Lomb Championships at Amelia Island, in april! Comparing her schedule this year with the one of last year, she will have played 4 new events at that time : Gold coast, Paris, Dubai and Amelia Island now! I read in another thread that she might also play at Scottsdale (which would made it 5 new tournaments) but Serena is already playing there so I'm not sure about that one! Well, for those who still doubt about her commitment to the sport and her wish to be well prepared for the French, here it goes!

GO VENUS! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,314 Posts
Great news! I was planning on being in the area at this time, I will definitely go and see Venus play here. :)

Hopefully she will have better success here than she has had in the past. Good luck Venus!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Yay! And I am going!

Also confirmed are Monica Seles, Justine Henin and Anna Kournikova.

Amelie Mauresmo and Jennifer Capriati will probably play as well.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
And guess what?

At the Family Circle Cup website, SERENA is signed up.

(As well as Jennifer, Martina, Monica, Justine, Anna!)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOOD! That means we're gonna see a least one sister Williams each week!:bounce:

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
SERENA AT CHARLESTON???
OMG!!!
I'm shocked! :eek:

GO SERENA! :hearts:

·
20,610 Posts
I'm so pleased with Venus!! She has signed up for so many more events this year. Lets show everyone you can play a full schedule and be THE DOMINANT player :D ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
The only reason Serena has not played Charleston before is because of the flag issue and the NAACP asked her to boycott the event.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Yay I get to see more Venus:):):)

FEARLESS VENUS RULEZ:)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
She'll better watch out cos Monica on clay is sooooo tough to beat!

·
Veelieve!!!
32,584 Posts
Way Kewl!!! Just yesterday , a friend and I were hoping that she would play there... Maybe she was reading our minds heehee

GO

·
3,196 Posts
Serena opted not to play Hilton Head in 2000 because South Carolina still flew the Confederate flag over their state capital. I don't know why she didn't play last year, maybe it was becasue she was recovering from the ridicule at Indian Wells still:confused:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
That's really a good decision. Green clay tournaments are chronically deprived of Top players attention. This claycourt season is a real chance for Venus to consolidate her grip on #1. By then, I think, it will be three horse race between her, Capriati and Hingis. That will make it all more exciting.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
That thing about Confiderate flag was a joke. They boycott a tournament because of some stupid flag, yet in one week time Venus will be playing a tournament in a country where women are nothing but a reproduction tool.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Go on Venus with your bad self!!:)

Whooooooo-Hoooooooo:)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW! And now she's playing Antwerp too, next week. She will replace her sister who is still injured! Too bad that terazura's points will drop next week. It will take a little longer to get to the #1 spot. But with good runs (at least reach the SF) at Antwerp and Dubai, and JCap not playing, she will probably be #1 before Scottsdale!!!!

Wow......this goes sooooo fast !

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
"That thing about Confiderate flag was a joke."

No that statement is a joke and so r u! Take some US history classes before you comment on social issues! For you to compare the two, Just shows your lack a crucial chromosome for rational thinking!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts