Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Venus fans,

sorry, I don`t want to cause a shock but I`ve just read that Venus` participation at Roland Garros is in danger. German teletext says that her injury may force Venus to miss the Frech Open.

Sorry if it was already mentioned here!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
i watched sportscenter this morning and even they said an appearance at RG is in doubt. I shoulda posted that earlier but... I'm somewhat in denial. :sad:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
That sucks for Vee :sad:

She will definitely have to play the fall tournaments if she wants to make it to LA...

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Ouch for Vee...

She'll almost certainly drop to #5 now by US Open.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
damn, now i'm depressed. :sad:

·
Registered
720 Posts
That will suck. But for some reason, I think it will be a positive. I don't claim to be a Venus expert, but by her personality, I feel that when Venus reaches rock bottom, is when she will be motivated to turns things back around. I feel that right now she is just going through the motions and maybe if she drops down to no 5, she will wake up, improve and be a threat in wimbledon and the Us open

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
good point. but she made a mistake playing so little, that is if she cares about her ranking as much as most of us think she does.

·
Registered
15,719 Posts
This sucks

I wish Venus all the best and hopefully this injury will straighten out by RG. I also think she made a mistake by playing so few tournmants. However, this is Venus' tennis career, we can speculate until the cow come home, but it is Venus who will have to get motivated and start kicking ass. Maybe this could be a wake up for her like it was for Serena. There are going to be alot of players ranked above her who don't belong in front of the queen.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I just want Venus to get better, forget about rankings and GS's. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Get Well Soon Venus. :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,062 Posts
Get well soon my Queen :worship: :hearts: :kiss:. I just want her at full strength again...as as she's healthy and happy then so am I.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
:sad:

It was so sad to me to see her on Sunday on the centre court in Warsaw :sad: I was there for her .... Now I'm depressed too

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes, speculation isn't worth it. Until she actually pulls out, I wouldn't worry about that. Just root for her to get better. There's still THREE weeks until RG, that's a lot of time for her to recover.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just think positive! Venus is a fighter and I think she`ll play. ;)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
*tries to think positive* thanks for the pep talk. :D

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I Think Venus Will Make IT

But She Just Needs To Be 70% And She'll Still Get To The Final

But If Venus Wants To Skip RG, Be 100% and the storm Wimbledon, Thats Fine W/ Me To

:cool:

Just Be Healthy V!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts