Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a documentary about "black people who hate themselves" and it's brutal!! They show Venus with pictures her boyfriend, throughout, along with Kobe and OJ!

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Where is this? I mean is is a tv show, or in the theatres?

It sounds offensive?... is it? (Pardon my ignorance)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a documentary available on DVD and video. Not sure if it is available at the video stores, but it is available on amazon.com!

·
Registered
720 Posts
So Venus hates herself and her race because she fell in love with a caucasian.

I am black and I am so annoyed by these sellout theory; you have to marry someone from your own race. That is the most ridiculous thing. If you find love in an Italian, a Chinese person, why not explore the love. I would rather be in a happy relationship than have to be "forced' to marry a man of my own race to please other black people

·
Registered
720 Posts
I know, I thought the thread starter was kidding or being insulting. But I checked it out on amazon, and apparently a loser actually made a DVD

·
Premium Member
19,825 Posts
It's probably someone who is militant trying to capitalize off the success of Venus. I think if Venus image is being used, or if her name is mentioned in this filth she should sue for defamation of character.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The DVD is for real folks. It was filmed at California State University, Dominguez Hills, that's how I heard about. For example, the filmmaker lists the "top ten sellout cities" and L.A. comes in fourth, because "Venus Williams was born there! He says he made the film to create "dialogue" but I think he's going to piss a lot of people off!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Haven't seen the DVD, but it's such crap. Does he even know Ms. Venus Williams?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

People can make all of the assumptions they want. But if I were Venus, I'd just ignore it all and live my life and live a happy life. Cuz while this (supposed) filmmaker is struggling to make films, Venus is sure not hating on herself!!! She's probably pretty happy! :D

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I'm not black and I'm not American ... but if anyone seriously thinks that Venus Williams, an amazing athlete and apparently all round good person, has done anything but the greatest of good for her race then they need their head read.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
so theyll release this crap yet they wont release the oliver stone documentary on castro? bullshit

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
I'm not mad at Venus for dating a white man. I'm mad at Venus for dating a white man who looks like Jared from the Subway commercials. She could do MUCH better than that..... ;)

But seriously, folks.....I have a cousin (I'm black, by the way) who married a white woman with four kids from previous marriages, and those four kids all call him "daddy," because their real dads won't have anything to do with them. The people who produced that DVD are the real sellouts.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Number1Kim said:
I'm not black and I'm not American ... but if anyone seriously thinks that Venus Williams, an amazing athlete and apparently all round good person, has done anything but the greatest of good for her race then they need their head read.
Totally agree!! Venus has a strong sense of herself, both as a woman and as an African American. I don't think she is bothered by people who claim that she is less than she is!!! Venus will rise above it all!!! :)

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I had heard of this study before, but I never knew specific names were mentioned. Especially Venus when no one knows exactly if she is dating that guy or not.

·
Registered
731 Posts
what an absolutely stupid and offensive premise. Totally unnecessary, people should be able to love who they want and not have to justify it.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Come out of hiding, RB, and have the "Balls" to admit that you posted EXACTLY this kind of hateful rhetoric about Venus on another board! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts