Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure I am surprised that Wimbledon moved Venus on up yet she still should have been ranked higher. I say 5th seed. Or even 3 or 4.

Her stats there far outweigh the top 6 players who are ranked above her. They would have ranked Pete or Henman higher. So Wimbledon did something smart but they still didn't do it right. :wavey: :wavey:

Reactions: the cat

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,367 Posts
Venus will win Wimbledon even if shes unseeded but i would have be happy if she got a top 5 seed

·
Premium Member
4,866 Posts
It's a fair seeding. She'd also be seeded #7 if she was a man. And who cares if she's 5 or 7? 6 or 8? It means nothing in the draw.

·
18,367 Posts
Andrew.. said:
It's a fair seeding. She'd also be seeded #7 if she was a man. And who cares if she's 5 or 7? 6 or 8? It means nothing in the draw.
Exactly..We should be happy shes seeded 7th..Last time i remember 7th is better than 10th

·
Registered
47,687 Posts
If she was 5th instead of 7th, it would make absolutely no difference. :rolleyes:

At least she got bumped up. Ungrateful. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
pacomexican said:
i agree, defending chap should at leas be in the top 5, but even at #7 she still has the best chance to win the title
It does not matter whether she is seeded 5,6,7 or 8! She won't meet a top 4 seed until the quarters either way.

·
Premium Member
4,866 Posts
pacomexican said:
i agree, defending chap should at leas be in the top 5, but even at #7 she still has the best chance to win the title
You know that there's no difference between a #5 seed and a #8 seed, right.

·
Registered
14,340 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Sure I am surprised that Wimbledon moved Venus on up yet she still should have been ranked higher. I say 5th seed. Or even 3 or 4.

Her stats there far outweigh the top 6 players who are ranked above her. They would have ranked Pete or Henman higher. So Wimbledon did something smart but they still didn't do it right. :wavey: :wavey:
LOL. And what's the difference between a 5th seed and a 7th seed? :lol:

Since Venus' stats far outweigh everyone else in the draw, it shoudn't matter if she's seeded 1, 5, 7 or 29 - she'll beat them anyways if she's gonna win the title!

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Of all posters I knew Dawn Marie wouldn't be satisfied. Venus didn't do her job. If she was ranked in the top ten then I could see her deserving a five seed but she hasn't played enough to be ranked that high. Are we going to ignore what the other girls have done in the top six for six months? Petrova has worked incredibly hard to be ranked where she is. She might have worked too hard in fact. She has won tournis on an indoor court, a rebound ace court, a green clay court, and a red clay court in eight months. She deserves her seed just on what she's accomplished. Six months of play should not be ignored for the four week grass season.

Reactions: Ferosh

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'm still surprised she got moved up at all (and pleased of course). Like others said, as long as she's a 5-8 seed it doesn't matter what number it is.

·
Super Moderator
52,603 Posts
didn't the AO seed Venus around 3 or 4 in 2004?

so its not completely unprecedented

·
18,367 Posts
This thread to close in 1..2..3...4..5...No?

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Maybe by next year, she will even EARN her seeding on the tennis court. She does have great historical stats except the important one: her WTA ranking. I imagine Dawn Marie believes she should get spotted three games in every set, too.

Don't get me wrong, Venus isn't the problem. The AEC is the problem. They shouldn't have messed with it, IMO.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts