Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does VEnus own Jennifer, and Serena own Lindsay, whereas Jennifer and Serena are so even, and Venus and Lindsay are so even? Doesn't make sense at all.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
seles said:
Why does VEnus own Jennifer, and Serena own Lindsay, whereas Jennifer and Serena are so even, and Venus and Lindsay are so even? Doesn't make sense at all.
I'll let you in on a little secret, OK? Listen closely, 'cause here it comes.....

:secret: Venus and Serena aren't the same player.

If you tell anyone, I'll have to kill you. Got it?

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
seles said:
Prolly cause they are 4 different players?

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
Knizzle said:
Prolly cause they are 4 different players?
That was supposed to be a SECRET, Kniz! Now you gotta die! :armed:

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
Venus never knew how to play Lindsay when Serena was holding her racket with Jennifer on the court.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
darrinbaker00 said:
I'll let you in on a little secret, OK? Listen closely, 'cause here it comes.....

:lol:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Lindsay's style is the best to beat Venus's when she's playing well as is Jennifer to Serena.

Problem is, Serena is Lindsay but with better wheels, and Venus is Jennifer but with better, well, everything.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Lindsay has a hard time with Serena when she's playing well because she plays similar to Lindsay but with better mobility. I think it's the same reason Serena has trouble with Sharapova, because SHE is a better moving Lindsay. With Jen and Serena it's more mental than anything. Jen knows how to get into Serena's head, whereas Venus isn't bothered by Jen.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Serena moves the ball around better than Venus which works against Lindsay obviously. Also her serve is disguised and placed better which makes it hard for LD to return. For Venus against Jen it's a couple things. First, Venus' backhand is so much better than Jen's and Venus exploits this. Also Jen doesn't move extremely well out to her FH side so Venus can slam the BH DTL against her. Venus also likes to rally more than Serena and is more patient and Jen is more likely to make the error first rather than Serena making the errors against Jen.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-SMM- said:
Lindsay's style is the best to beat Venus's when she's playing well as is Jennifer to Serena.

Problem is, Serena is Lindsay but with better wheels, and Venus is Jennifer but with better, well, everything.
Yes, Venus is better at everything, EXCEPT that Jennifer has a MUCH better forehand. BTW, any ideas on when she is actually coming back?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
seles said:
Yes, Venus is better at everything, EXCEPT that Jennifer has a MUCH better forehand. BTW, any ideas on when she is actually coming back?
yeh Jens forehand is second to none, nobody smacks a forehand as great as Jen on the run except Serena.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Knizzle said:
Serena moves the ball around better than Venus which works against Lindsay obviously. Also her serve is disguised and placed better which makes it hard for LD to return. For Venus against Jen it's a couple things. First, Venus' backhand is so much better than Jen's and Venus exploits this. Also Jen doesn't move extremely well out to her FH side so Venus can slam the BH DTL against her. Venus also likes to rally more than Serena and is more patient and Jen is more likely to make the error first rather than Serena making the errors against Jen.
Jennifer more likely to make the error against Venus? :eek: :eek:
I love me some Venus, but her shots are much more erratic. In the last several years, Jennifer's shots haven't had as much sting and her placement isn't what it was in 2001/2002, but consistency she hasn't lost. She is way beyond Vee in that area.

Plus, it's not really a fair comparison considering they haven't played in what seems like 10 years! :confused:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
VeeReeDavJCap81 said:
Lindsay has a hard time with Serena when she's playing well because she plays similar to Lindsay but with better mobility. I think it's the same reason Serena has trouble with Sharapova, because SHE is a better moving Lindsay. With Jen and Serena it's more mental than anything. Jen knows how to get into Serena's head, whereas Venus isn't bothered by Jen.
Sharapova is no Lindsay, but she does move better. Peak Serena would beat Sharapova way more easily than peak Serena beats Lindsay.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,845 Posts
JenCpLvr said:
I love me some Venus, but her shots are much more erratic. In the last several years, Jennifer's shots haven't had as much sting and her placement isn't what it was in 2001/2002, but consistency she hasn't lost. She is way beyond Vee in that area.

Plus, it's not really a fair comparison considering they haven't played in what seems like 10 years! :confused:
exaggerating a bit much aren't we?? They last played at the US Open semi in 2001
. Yes Venus's shots are more erratic, but we are talking about her against Jennifer here--- she knows how to handle Jennifer period. Remember, everyone but Venus fans had Jennifer winning that semi , but Venus turned it around from 1-4 and never looked back-- Jen simply has no answers for her when she is playing well and it has happend all 4 times they've met. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Also I think when Vee plays Lindsay sometimes she tries to be too offensive and makes too many errors.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
these statements can't be taken seriously, because Jennifer and VW have not played each other in almost FIVE YEARS. 2001 was Venus's best season. She owned everyone that year. (except Barbra Schett)

·
Registered
694 Posts
vogus said:
these statements can't be taken seriously, because Jennifer and VW have not played each other in almost FIVE YEARS. 2001 was Venus's best season. She owned everyone that year. (except Barbra Schett)
:lol: :lol:
:tape: :tape:
:worship: :worship:

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
JenCpLvr said:

Ummm.....well when you consider that Venus and Jen had the heart of their series in 2001, yeah Jen was more likely to make an error against Venus than Serena. Venus wasn't erratic back then, she was pretty steady. He asked why their H2H was the way it was and I told him.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
darrinbaker00 said:

:lol:

Venus owns Jennifer because she's never allowed Cappy to get in her head, whereas Serena was intimidated for awhile.

Lindsay is one of the few players who knows how to beat Serena every time they play but Serena rarely allows Davey to use that strategy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts