Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 136 Posts
her chances for the 4th Wimbledon crown increase every day;)
Lindsay's and Mary's withdrawal, now she's seeded n7.
Cheer for Vee;)

Every year Wimbledon makes a mockery of the tour and the entire rankings system by ignoring it where it chooses to. The All-England Club loves to be different :rolleyes: Of course, its more of an issue on the mens' side of the draw (I'm shocked that Henman isn't seeded :rolleyes: ) but they should just go with the rankings...its what they are there for after all.

Martian Stacey said:
1 Amelie Mauresmo (Fra)
2 Kim Clijsters (Bel)
3 Justine Henin-Hardenne (Bel)
4 Maria Sharapova (Rus)
5 Nadia Petrova (Rus)
6 Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)
7 Venus Williams (USA)
8 Elena Dementieva (Rus)
9 Patty Schnyder (Sui)
10 Anastasia Myskina (Rus)
11 Nicole Vaidisova (Cze)
12 Francesca Schiavone (Ita)
13 Martina Hingis (Sui)
14 Anna-Lena Groenefeld (Ger)
15 Dinara Safina (Rus)
16 Daniela Hantuchova (Svk)
17 Flavia Pennetta (Ita)
18 Maria Kirilenko (Rus)
19 Ai Sugiyama (Jpn)
20 Ana Ivanovic (SCG)
21 Shahar Peer (Isr)
22 Katarina Srebotnik (Slo)
23 Nathalie Dechy (Fra)
24 Anabel Medina Garrigues (Esp)
25 Marion Bartoli (Fra)
26 Elena Likhovtseva (Rus)
27 Jelena Jankovic (SCG)
28 Li Na (Chn)
29 Sofia Arvidsson (Swe)
30 Tatiana Golovin (Fra)
31 Anna Chakvetadze (Rus)
32 Gisela Dulko (Arg).
I love Kim, but I am suprised she got the #2 seed. How did she do last year?

TheBoiledEgg said:
if Wimbledon were gonna seed Venus 7........ why not go the whole hog and put her at #5.
either #5 or #8......... why #7 :confused:
makes no diff really.
It might have been 8 and then Lindsay pulled out... if Lindsay was still in I woulda been very happy about this but she's not so whatever.

7 is a lucky number. Ok before I give Wimbledon any praise I need to know just exactly how does the rise from 11th seed to 7th seed differ??? What is Vee's benefit? What are the players who are ranked higher but have done nothing at Wimby benefit?

Good move my the Wimby officials. Champion...............oh I mean defending Champion........Venus Williams

Abizack said:
I love Kim, but I am suprised she got the #2 seed. How did she do last year?
She lost in three sets to Lindsay in the fourth round which inst bad, it was a unlucky draw. She deserves the number 2 seeding. Who are thet gonna give it too anyway? Henin lost first round last year.

I'm not too clued up on how draws work but does this mean we have a potential Maria Vs Venus final?

Will they be on oposite sides of the draw?

41 - 60 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.