Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, given her injuries, and family problems, it is not surprising if Venus chooses to take the rest of the year off.

But in actual fact, it is obvious that the plan had already taken root after the French Open. Venus, in a bid to take revenge for Serena, has decided to do so in the most dramatic way. By allowing herself to freefall down the ranks, she hopes that by next year, she'll be in a position to draw higher ranked players earlier in the slams, with a shot at taking out say Jennifer Capriati in the fourth round, and Justine or Kim in the quarters.

My, Venus is cunning ;)

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
moby said:
Well, given her injuries, and family problems, it is not surprising if Venus chooses to take the rest of the year off.

But in actual fact, it is obvious that the plan had already taken root after the French Open. Venus, in a bid to take revenge for Serena, has decided to do so in the most dramatic way. By allowing herself to freefall down the ranks, she hopes that by next year, she'll be in a position to draw higher ranked players earlier in the slams, with a shot at taking out say Jennifer Capriati in the fourth round, and Justine or Kim in the quarters.

My, Venus is cunning ;)
Somehow, I don't think she is thinking this. I think she would much rather get to #4 so she and Serena can meet in the AO 2004 final.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Dont you mean AO 2004 final!!

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Experimentee said:
Why would she want to draw higher ranked players early?
so she can upset them?
i mean most of her slams came when she was the underdog (sort of)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
would she really go through all that trouble to get bonus points?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts