Tennis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cnnsi and the New York Post both quoted Venus today as saying she wanted to take the fall off and attend fashion school again.

OTOH, venus by the end of February usually has only scheduled two tournaments and usually only plays one. If she plays Dubai, that wll be her FIFTH tournament in 2002. I see a trend. I think Venus is going to try to make the USOpen her sixteenth tournament, then bag the season til the Champs. Tough on the late season tournaments, but its a strategy that guarantees a #1 ranking. At least for while. If she stays healthy. Which she hasn't in the winter for 2-3 years. In fact, she got injured at OZ too, but played through it.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Yes, I saw this too. But in a way its old news. she's never made a big push in the fall anyway. If she does pick up more tourneys this year, they'll all be before May - then I think she'll do what she usually does - cruise through the summer and finish at the US Open. It'll be interesting to see if she goes to the Sanex tour championships, seeing as Serena is the defending champ...
Ruth in Philly PA USA

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
When did this turn into a year round sport? Good for her! I hope she stays healthy! The first tournament started in late December and the last one is scheduled for Nov 4-11 in Thailand. That's a long year! This seems to be the only sport that is almost year round. Even with Spring Training for baseball it's March to Sept/Oct.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it Venus.

I just hope that you don't overexert yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts