Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one point, Vee's red clay sked was J&S Cup, Rome, RG. Now she's taking Serena's spot at Berlin. This leads to a schedule of

Warsaw
Berlin
Rome
off
RG

That's playing five out of six weeks (assuming Venus doesn't lose at RG before the 16's). That's rather a lot for a player who only managed to play 3 tournaments the first four months of the year. Mayre she should let Rome go.

Reactions: CharlDa

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
no, she needs match play

and actually its 6 out 7 weeks

dont forget fed cup

and besides, shes Venus Williams!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I'm taking a wait and see approach. Maybe she needs the practice while Serena needs the rest. Those wacky Williamses drive me up the wall sometimes. :p

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
yes, she better fight for the #2 ranking.
I hope she gets it.
would hate to see a potential semi that sacks Venus against Serena.
I wonder what Kim think about this sudden schedule change.
Will she retaliate by adding more tournies.
I do not know what she is playing...anyone?

It's On
;)

·
Registered
612 Posts
She won't. I bet you anything. As much as I would love to see it, she won't.

Do we know Venus or don't we know Venus??? I think we do, she won't.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Volcana

i would have thought that only Berlin and Roland Garos are certainties so far.

RG because it is a slam and Berlin because she just entered it.

What is the assumption behind warsaw and rome? if anything the fact that she played there last year (and they probably still have her listed) is no guarantee that she is playing this year.

·
Senior Member,
2,093 Posts
I would love to see Venus get some match play - as long as she doesn't get injured or have her tendinitis flare up again. I look forward to seeing how this schedule plays out.

Reactions: Chance

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
She will usually only play in the later part of the week wednesday onwards so she'll get 2 days 'off' if she wins or reches the final!

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Venus won't play that schedule. She'll come up with some excuse if she wins Warsaw. To be honest, I can't even see her playing that schedule even if she loses early in one of the tournaments.

I think Venus has just scheduled herself to be on the safe side. There's no way she'll play it, though.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Bring it on, Vee! Bring it on!!!

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
it's about time that you finally realize that you should play a normal schedule

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
From a Jelena fan.. one must only laugh.. naldo u funny!:)

It remains to be seen, but I think she is going to do it. I think Venus will play in all the tourneys except maybe Rome.

GO VENUS!!

It's ON now baby!! :)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I have a feeling Venus won't play this schedule either. She'll probably drop out of Rome.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If she doesn't get injured she should play. She will need all the play on clay if she is going to dethrone Serena at the FO. Best of luck Vee.

By the way, when is her next tournament?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
I have a feeling Venus won't play this schedule either. She'll probably drop out of Rome.
Ya, maybe she'll withdraw from it as she did last year.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
Barring injury, I really do think it is in Venus's best interest to play them all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts