Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'She's just an incredible player,'' Williams said. 'It was very difficult.'

'She's definitely going to win some slams in the future,' Williams said

Now that Venus has said it, I am convinced that Mauresmo is gonna win a few slams in the future :)

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
186,033 Posts
There is no doubt that Momo has the talent to achieve, the question is if she can get her focus right! She reminds me of where Jennifer was in about 1999, just almost ready to breakthrough, but needed better confidence and concentration in order to do it!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
She was runner-up at AO in 99, remember?? A lot of people think that Mauresmo is a floater but I believe she has everything to be a GS winner........once she gets rid of the mental crap that prevents her to do better against the top10 players!!!

GO AMELIE........show what you got at RG!!

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
Worthy of a bump ;)

Firstly, congrats to Venus for taking the title! Yesterday's match should have been the final, anyway :)

I am becoming more and more impressed with Venus, both as a player and as a person. I wish her well this year...perhaps a Momo-Venus rivalry is in the cards! Looking forward to many more battles ahead! :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
What happen to her at A.O. against jen.Why do some player's play Venus as if she was the only player in the tourment.?Then you root for them ,in the next game,and their style of play is totaly different.why?:fiery:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
MoMo has definitely improved over the last few months- especially mentally.

Yesterday she showed how well she can do under pressure and Venus played amazingly to beat her. Go Venus!:wavey:

I'd love to see another match between these two talented players- maybe in the Roland Garros final?

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Those are nice things of Venus to say. All true IMHO.

It's always nice to see Venus or Serena play Amelie - they all seem to have great respect for each other and produce some great matches :)

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Cici Bonus Baby - A bump, is just when someone posts in the thread, in order to "bump" it back up to the top of the page so that more people will read it :)
If you don't "bump" it by posting in it, the thread will eventually go to the next page, and less people will then see it.

Rubylips:
"What happen to her at A.O. against jen.Why do some player's play Venus as if she was the only player in the tourment.?Then you root for them ,in the next game,and their style of play is totaly different.why?"

Amelie is either mentally there, or she isn't. And when she isn't there, she is very beatable. When she is there, she is one of the best in the world.

At Oz, she just wasn't with it. Didn't she almost get upset the round before?

Also she was defending champion here, and had a lot more at stake - playing in front of her country and all. So maybe that played a part.

Of course, Venus being the 2nd ranked player, and considered the very best among many - of course players are going to want to raise their game to match the very best!

You should be happy that Venus makes players raise the bar, not angry :) Its a compliment to her.

·
Registered
491 Posts
TRUE DAT.They say the exact thing about M.J ,he make then play their best or he bring out the best in other player's.So true Becca:wavey:

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
what she needs is a mentality boost ! a lot of them! and she needs to be free of injuries and play more tournaments!!

good luck amelie!

·
Registered
15,025 Posts
Yay

Yay Venus! As a fan of Momo I am hoping she will win the French this year.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think Momo needs to improve mentally... and I definitely think she is very talented! :D

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I think so far Momo is doing fine she has decent results this year. She is only gonna get better in my opinion. Look out for Momo at the French Open.. and you can quote me on that one buddy:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts