Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She needs to go back and watch the 4th round of the 2007 Australian Open.

Serena vs. the red-hot Jelena Jankovic. Jelena had come in with great results into the OZ and was the favorite to beat Serena. What did Serena do? Buckle down and play an awesome display of tennis.

Venus needs to have her game face on, and take it to Jelena in the third round. If she does, Jelena will lose first week of a major for the second time this year to a Williams.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Two problems:

1) Jankovic played like garbage in that Serena match. :tape:
2) Serena has a different -- and better -- game than Venus

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Two problems:

um....jealous? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
She needs to go back and watch the 4th round of the 2007 Australian Open.

Serena vs. the red-hot Jelena Jankovic. Jelena had come in with great results into the OZ and was the favorite to beat Serena. What did Serena do? Buckle down and play an awesome display of tennis.

Venus needs to have her game face on, and take it to Jelena in the third round. If she does, Jelena will lose first week of a major for the second time this year to a Williams.
Spot on :)

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jelena didnt play that badly. Serena just stepped it up.
Venus and Serena play such similar games ... really when both are playing 100%, the only player that can beat them at their best is each other, IMO.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Venus just needs to watch her Charleston match against Jelena and look at how she choked the match away. Jelena probably played better there than at AO.

Venus can win if she steps it up one notch. She has the game to beat Jankovic.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Two problems:

Awww...too bad Jelena couldn't step it up when it counted. :awww: To let herself be beaten resolutely by an overweight and out of shape player! She wasn't yet ready for grand slam glory, the poor child! :rolleyes: Maybe being the favorite was too much pressure. She might fall victim to the same mentality when her and Venus meet :D

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Unfortunately, Venus will never be like Serena, Venus is too soft. Serena has tons more pride and does not doubt how good she is. I love Venus, but she just doesn't have that same kind of confidence and pride that Serena has.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
^^^ :rolleyes:

Venus doesn't need to watch Serena,
she already knows how to play Jankovic.

Venus simply has to maintain her focus
and consistency.

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
RE: Heylookimgay

lmao, Jankovic was shocked shitless at Serena running everything down. She made Jankovic look slow. Plus Serena was pretty good at net too if I remember.

She beat Jankovic playing to Jankovic's strength. It was a nice match to watch.

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Unfortunately, Venus will never be like Serena, Venus is too soft. Serena has tons more pride and does not doubt how good she is. I love Venus, but she just doesn't have that same kind of confidence and pride that Serena has.
Very few people in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD have more confidence or pride than Serena.

Venus has plenty of confidence and pride and it will serve her well in her Jankovic clash :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I never predict Venus matches but she has a good shot at winning this match. I rate Jankovic alot but lets be real here- her game is not the most intimidating is it?

Venus just needs to concentrate for the full length of a match and not go on these walkabouts which have plagued her entire career! back in 2000-2003 no one was quite good/brave enough to take advantage.

Jelena will fight to the end and will make Venus's life a nightmare- i will be more than content with venus playing solid consistant tennis for the full match ,and hopefully that will be good enough for the win.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think Venus will be fine, it is amazing how everyone loves to doubt her, especially those who are supposed to be her "real fans," if Venus plays like she play the first 13 games of against Hackerald, she will win in two. But if she looses her concentration she will win in three. Jankovic will have all the pressure, not Venus.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow. Who are you to question Venus' pride? That's low. None of us have ANY idea about Venus' pride. This post was just extremely uncalled for. And from a Williams fan, no less. Wow. Unbelievable. :eek:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Venus just needs to watch her Charleston match against Jelena and look at how she choked the match away. Jelena probably played better there than at AO.

Venus can win if she steps it up one notch. She has the game to beat Jankovic.
Amen:worship::worship: You would think Venus was severely beaten by JJ. That match was on Venus' racket. She needs to look at the match and not repeat what she did wrong! Period.

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts