Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ranking Points

The 100+ points that Capriati lost on Monday are from last year at the Oklahoma Tier III final in which she lost to Monica Seles. She will also lose 200+ points next week from her semi-final loss to Davenport to Scottsdale from last year. Obviously, she should make that up depending on her performance this week.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If she beats Alexandra Stevenson she will be #1 in THREE weeks after Venus loses the Indian Wells 2001 points.

If Jen reaches the final beating the highest ranked opposition she will be #1 next week. If the highest ranked opposition lose before they face her then she needs to win the title.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
With Meghann Shaughnessy's early loss Jennifer now needs to win Scottsdale to be #1 next week.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Points dropping off

How many points does Jennifer lose from last year's semi-final loss? I thought that the 100+ points she lost on Monday was from last year's Oklahoma final. Doesn't she lose 200+ points on this coming Monday from that semi-final? I think people keep forgetting this, though I may be wrong....please clarify!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
JCrap MUST beat Serena in the finals (which unlikely won't happen) in order to take back the #1 ranking!

This is a big test for the self destructing one to help Venus stay number one in the ranks :bounce:

·
Veelieve!!!
32,890 Posts
You know something?? I am not really bothered by the ranking at this point... Venus herself said that she would be #1 for at least one week... That's an accomplishment no one can take from her, so let the rest fall in line :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts