Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was going to celebrate 2/25/02 but thought screw that!! I can't wait that long!!

Whoo-Hoo Venus FINALLY became a #1 player on the WTA official rankings.!!!

Great job Venus.. you deserve it!!!!

FEARLESS VENUS RULEZ!!!! VEE VEE WILL ROCK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
There's no better time than the present!

Enjoy:bounce:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know but It feels so good when your dream for your favorite player comes true. I mean Venus IS the #1 player. It is she who is worth 100 quality points!! Hey she made history and many people have never ever made it to #1! I am so happy for Venus for finally breaking that stupid lil ole #1 curse and finally doing what she knew all along to get the top spot. Actually imho I think right now Venus is the only player on the WTA tour who had the skillz to become #1 when it is right for her. She knew she could of been #1 sooner but decided to wait until she was 100% ready to take it!!

KUDOS to the FEALRESS TENNIS PLAYER ON THE PLANET!!

Congrats to VENUS EBONE WILLIAMS!!!:):):bounce: :eek: :bounce: :D :D :cool: :bounce: :bounce: :drool: :drool: :drool: :bounce: :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :bounce: :bounce:
:hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts:

It is a wonderful feeling for me because it's a wonderful feeling for her.

:bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :bounce: :bounce:
:hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts:

·
Veelieve!!!
32,889 Posts
Of course I will join this celebration :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DANCING, SHOUTING, SHAKING MY BODY DOWN TO THE GROUND!!!! Congrats Venus!!!!!! You so deserve this honor :)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
YESSSSSS!:bounce:

Our Girl finally did it.:bounce:

They said it couldn't be done.
They said that she couldn't do it.

But ho, ho, ho. Who's got the last laugh?
Hee, hee, hee, last laugh's the best laugh.
Ha, ha, ha, who's got the last laugh now?

(with apologies to George and Ira Gershwin) :angel: ;)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:cool: :cool: :cool: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Agreed I am happy because I know she is happy!:D

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok Am I the only poster who is going to print out her rankings and keep it? LOL

And no I am not joking.. this is history folks!!:)

Also am I the only poster in here who actually shed a tear when their absoulute favorite became #1 in the world?

Actually I am a little dazed with this new ranking of Venus.. I was not ready.. lol

I mean I thought she HAD to make another semi-final in Dubai? Oh well Congrats to you Venus Williams.:)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
No need to let a technicality stop the celebration party for the reality of the fact that VENUS, the Goddess of Tennis, is finally where she belongs, at the NUMBER ONE ranking position.

Congratulations VENUS!! :) :wavey: :bounce: :cool:

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Congradulations, she really deserves it :)

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Congrats to Venus, and her fans. She is a great player and making number one in the world is something that is long overdue for her.

Sadly, as with the likes of Martina, Lindsay, and Jennifer when the've been number one, some people will still look to undermine the achivement, look for a flaw in it, a reason why its not valid.

The way I look at it, whoever makes it to number one richly deserves it, whatever the circumstances. Kudos to venus. :)

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Congrats to Venus :)

Now "officially" the best player - though arguabley the best player for quite sometime now - we'll finally see that reflected in the rankings.

Cheers to all of you who have been waiting for years to celebrate this moment - while I always love to see a new number one, I can't totally relate to how you guys must feel :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yippee!!!

As we go on
We'll remember
All the times we
watched you together

As your life changes
From Whatever
You will still be
No.1 FOREVER!!!
:hearts:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Always number 1 in my heart...

... and now, number 1 on paper!! :bounce: :hearts:

There can be no better feeling! :kiss: :angel:

·
Premium Member
19,900 Posts
Dawn, you are not the only one. I'm going to print them out, lamenate and frame them. Or I might get a poster made with the rankings in the background. I'm sorry but this is so special, because of all the crap that people said about her.

Venus will never be #1
Venus will never win a slam
Serena is better, let serena serve(doubles matches)
Venus makes too many UE.

Now, look at her she has proven all those losers wrong. She's made it to #1, she's won 4 slams, she has proven to be better that Serena(Noooooo I love rena). Her game has improved so much she doesn't make as many unforced errors, even though she can get a little off she still wins. That's 4 out of 4 and that's why I'm really proud of her.

I'm going to celebrate even if she stays their for only a week, it will go down in history. I'm going to buy some Moet and celebrate with friends, no 40's here because of the special occasion. Also I am going out to eat, dance, and party. Everyone have fun!!! If you can't find anything to do, run down the street naked. ;) lol. Nah, just kidding. Whatever you do, just celebrate that the majority of what Richard said is coming to pass. Now we have to wait on Rena to get her act together.;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts