Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
venus VS lindsay is the best matchup in women's tennis?!?!? are you on some drug i havent tried? 3 years ago maybe...nah, not even three years ago. throughout the last three years or so the best matchups have been:

jenn vs serena
hingis VS venus
lindsay VS hingis
jenn vs clijsters
henin-hardenee VS serena

i'd put lindsay VS venus after all these. heck i'd even watch a seles VS hingis over lindsay vs venus.

no offense, and dont hate, but i want some of what you're having.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
oh ok, and i guess we should forget how hingis used to dominate a freash, young venus who blasted everyone else out of her way...

dearie, honeycakes, sugarlips:

i forgive you in advance becuase of your obvious young age and immaturity, but here' why a venus-hingis match is SO SO SO much more exciting than venus-lindsay:

1. they have bad blood, and hingis said shit about venus' dad. that ALONE makes for a cool matchup.
2. contrasting styles. watching lindsay play venus is like watching the same person, one weaker and one stronger (venus) play each other. watching a toilet seat is more mesmerizing.
3. hingis has beaten venus on big occasions (wimby 1998?, AO 2001), and vice versa (wimby 2000?), anyway if you'd look things up hingis and venus have much more exciting, important matches. when was the last time venus LOST to lindsay in a big match???? if it's a big match and it's venus vs linds, put yo money on venus hun.
4. the last time they played, venus had a set score of 6-1 in the third over lindsay at wimby 2003. good match up?? i-dont-THINK-so~~~!!!! a good match up is 6-4 or 7-5 or, goddammit, 12-10 in the third. NOT 6-1 baby, no.
5. the last time venus played hingis at a big tourney, i remember AO 2001, it was something like 6-1, 6-1, when venus was obviously the best woman player. exciting, yes. thrilling, absolutely.
6. everytime i see lindsay slouch and give up before she's lost a match and appear uninterested, it makes me want to turn off the TV off and go cry in my closet. she can be so negative it brings me to tears. see hingis giveup? almost never.

there, there you have my explanations. as i said, be kind and dont hate me just because i pointed out you were wrong. it is all in the good name of tennis. i dont hate players, i just hate bad tennis. amen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.