Tennis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Serena being out of the Open, Venus most feel that she'll cabbage patch to the Championship! Wow! Her confidence must really be high, now that Serena is out!

This should be a Venus v Lindsay final - the best match up in Women's tennis!

Cire

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thread speaks for itself! Come On, dude, you and I know that Venus hasn't had that much luck with Serena! She (venus) gotsta feel that she's got this open in the bag!

Little does she know that Lindsay's already made out the deposit slip on that Million Dollar check!

Cire

· Banned
3,412 Posts
Actually, I think the opposite - there will be too much pressure to win for herself and her sister. Look what happened to Venus at AO 2002. Without serena in the draw, she might not even have the motivation that an all-williams final might provide. But, the positive is venus' nemesis is not in the draw so, if she make it to the final, she have a much more chance of winning it than those last five slam finals.

· Veelieve!!!
33,802 Posts
Why not talk about your favs?? Your obsession with the Williames is getting so *ucking old. :rolleyes: Do you honestly think that Venus is thinking of tennis right now?? Her little sister just had surgery for crying out fucking loud :rolleyes: :tape: :banghead:

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For all the reasons above, I feel more strongly than ever that this is Lindsay's Open! Look at the facts: Venus hasn't had any warm-up tournies; Kim chokes in big matches; Justin's a below par player on hardcourt; and Jennifer, well, let's just say that she hasn't found a 3rd set she can't lose!

My girl Lindsay gots this tournament. Her movement is better; Her serves are really coming in at a high percentage; and, the most important factor, NOONE can hit clean winners like my girl!

I don't understand some of you! Americans, fellow Americans, should be happy that Lindsay will win this! It beats a foreigner! Can you imagine Justine's acceptance speech - Her English is horrible!

I'll take my Valley-girl davenport any day!

Cire

· Registered
8,951 Posts
Venus is hardly wiping her brow, her sister just had surgery, that said if she's able she will still go out and do her job, and when she's healthy she's the best hardcourt player out there.

Go Venus, Lindsay, Jennifer

· Registered
1,097 Posts
venus VS lindsay is the best matchup in women's tennis?!?!? are you on some drug i havent tried? 3 years ago maybe...nah, not even three years ago. throughout the last three years or so the best matchups have been:

jenn vs serena
hingis VS venus
lindsay VS hingis
jenn vs clijsters
henin-hardenee VS serena

i'd put lindsay VS venus after all these. heck i'd even watch a seles VS hingis over lindsay vs venus.

no offense, and dont hate, but i want some of what you're having.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hollywood's statement: i'd put lindsay VS venus after all these. heck i'd even watch a seles VS hingis over lindsay vs venus.

Oh, see if I understand you correctly, you would rather see a 6'2 Venus outmuscle a 5'6 hingis? How is that more exciting? Please explain!

It's amazing that you people don't want Venus matching up with a comparable player! Remember, Lindsay has 10 wins over Venus!

Cire

· Registered
6,762 Posts
cirelowe said:
Hollywood's statement: i'd put lindsay VS venus after all these. heck i'd even watch a seles VS hingis over lindsay vs venus.

Oh, see if I understand you correctly, you would rather see a 6'2 Venus outmuscle a 5'6 hingis? How is that more exciting? Please explain!

It's amazing that you people don't want Venus matching up with a comparable player! Remember, Lindsay has 10 wins over Venus!

Cire
comparable? Do you know anything about professional tennis?

anyway who leads the head to head? who has a run of how many straight wins over the other? Who hasn't beaten who since 2000?

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cybelle Darkholme said:
comparable? Do you know anything about professional tennis?

anyway who leads the head to head? who has a run of how many straight wins over the other? Who hasn't beaten who since 2000?
Sweetie,

THe tide is just starting to turn! As a Davenport fan, I watched closely the 2nd set of Wimbledon! Did you notice how Lindsay had Venus on the ropes? It was unbelievable! Had it not been for the toe injury, I suspect that Lindsay would have won that match rather easily!

I'll tell ya, that 2nd set was a sight for sore eyes! Big Babe tennis at its best!

At this point, "the wheels of justice" are starting to spin in Davenport's way. The WS, Cap and The belgians have had their reign! It's time for Women's tennis to get back to business!

Cire

· Registered
1,097 Posts
oh ok, and i guess we should forget how hingis used to dominate a freash, young venus who blasted everyone else out of her way...

dearie, honeycakes, sugarlips:

i forgive you in advance becuase of your obvious young age and immaturity, but here' why a venus-hingis match is SO SO SO much more exciting than venus-lindsay:

1. they have bad blood, and hingis said shit about venus' dad. that ALONE makes for a cool matchup.
2. contrasting styles. watching lindsay play venus is like watching the same person, one weaker and one stronger (venus) play each other. watching a toilet seat is more mesmerizing.
3. hingis has beaten venus on big occasions (wimby 1998?, AO 2001), and vice versa (wimby 2000?), anyway if you'd look things up hingis and venus have much more exciting, important matches. when was the last time venus LOST to lindsay in a big match???? if it's a big match and it's venus vs linds, put yo money on venus hun.
4. the last time they played, venus had a set score of 6-1 in the third over lindsay at wimby 2003. good match up?? i-dont-THINK-so~~~!!!! a good match up is 6-4 or 7-5 or, goddammit, 12-10 in the third. NOT 6-1 baby, no.
5. the last time venus played hingis at a big tourney, i remember AO 2001, it was something like 6-1, 6-1, when venus was obviously the best woman player. exciting, yes. thrilling, absolutely.
6. everytime i see lindsay slouch and give up before she's lost a match and appear uninterested, it makes me want to turn off the TV off and go cry in my closet. she can be so negative it brings me to tears. see hingis giveup? almost never.

there, there you have my explanations. as i said, be kind and dont hate me just because i pointed out you were wrong. it is all in the good name of tennis. i dont hate players, i just hate bad tennis. amen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.