Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venus is now the #2 ranked player in the world.. YAY.. One more spot to go... Come on Venus take these next two tournaments you enter... And make a statement at Roland Garros.. She has ony two points to defend there.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Yeah, Davenport's Tokyo points dropping off.

Is Lindsay committed anywhere?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not yet.. But i am pretty sure she is not going to come back during clay season since she has not points to defend anyway.. I say she will probaby come back at Eastbourne.. That is my bet.. To come back off an ankle injury on clay... I do not think so.. Sme might suprise us though

·
Kitty's muff muncher
27,406 Posts
she just had a knee-operation, no ankle injury. She'll be out for 4-6 months, I think/hope she'll come back right before wimbledon

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Thanks teddy, forgot about the surgery and recuperation time. Still a while yet.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Now if only she would play IW so those points don't drop off I think she would clinch the num one spot. :bounce:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
By winning Paris and Dubai, it's like 500-600 points she'll be adding to her total! That would put her right behind JCap, no more than a 100 points behind. At RG she should take the lead, right away!

GO VENUS!:bounce:

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Go VENUS!
Now on to #1 and a couple of more slams! :wavey:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Venus is the best. The others can have the rest.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Congrats Venus!! :bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
VENUS seems to be the only player that leaves the only chance of being stopped, most of the time, is by an injury and not by being out played. :p :)

The #1 spot and 2 more slams this year are inevitable. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Winning Paris and Dubai would put Venus at #1 as Jen is not defending her Oklahoma Runner-up points the week of Dubai.

·
Registered
283 Posts
cybelledarkholmexx,

Info:

Venus has played 14 against Capriati 17 tournaments. I do not think that record is bad at all.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The big factor about Venus getting to #1 after Paris and Dubai is quality points. Good example is Paris 2R. Should have faced Nagyova, worth 23 bonus points, but will now face Tu who beat Nagyova. Tu is worth 8 quality points. That's 15 potential points lost already. She needs the high-ranked opponents to stay in the draw if she is to overtake Jennifer in 3 weeks time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts