1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.star-telegram.com/333/story/82999.html

Venus is not a golfer, just a friend to Kuehne

By DWAIN PRICE

Tennis superstar Venus Williams has become a close friend of PGA Tour player Hank Kuehne. So much so that Williams was among those in the gallery who followed Kuehne around at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship on Thursday.

Who would have guessed it?

Williams and her sister, Serena, learned how to play tennis on the public courts in Compton, Calif., a part of Los Angeles County where the murder rate is among the nation's highest.

Kuehne graduated from Highland Park, where the median household income was $149,389 in 2000, according to the U.S. Census.

As Kuehne shot a 4-over-par 74 in his first tournament in 13 months since returning from a back injury, Williams signed a few autographs in the gallery. At 6-foot-1, the 2000 Sports Illustrated Sportswoman of the Year was very noticeable, with her long braided hair and dark sunglasses.

While Williams said she plans to play Wimbledon and doesn't play golf, she declined an interview request. However, Kuehne was more than willing to discuss his friendship with one of tennis' top female players.

You have a famous celebrity following you today. Do you want to talk about Venus supporting you? Yeah. It's always nice to have support, friends and family out here, walking around with me. It makes things nice. It's always good to have people you're closest to out here.

Is Venus a golfer? No.

Are you trying to get her to play golf? No. I think she's playing the right sport.

Is she trying to get you to play tennis? No. I don't play tennis.

Do you follow her on the pro tennis circuit? I've been to one event. So I definitely keep up with how she does. We just try to figure it out and support each other when we can.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
is the the article that politely wonders why Venus is dating a white guy?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts