Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLY COW!! On wtatour.com there is a pole for who do you think will win the J&S cup.

Venus only has 11%, Momo is winning with 30%, the Dani with 22% and even Dokic with her crappy-play as of late is higher then Venus with 12%!!! :eek: :eek:

I mean come on, yeah she lost her last match to shaughnessy but she hasn't had that bad of a year.

On clay she has had some pretty good results(4 titles, Serena only has 2). So why is everyone counting her out? She made it to the final of Roland Garros last year. She CAN play on clay!!! :D

So where's the love for Venus!??! :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
who cares. it's just stupid polls, and you knwo that usually people just vote for their favorites, and if u woulda checked that pool the first few days it was out, Venus was ahead with like 70% so................. people just have different opinions thats all!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
people just hate on V

yeah Clay is a good surface for her, the big results just havent happened yet

and actually, before last years German open, Serena never advanced past the QF of any Clay court tournament EVER

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Part of it could be Venus has not played a lot of tennis so far this year.......but what is so stupid about people's thinking when it comes to Venus is they forget what an incredible athlete she is.

What the poll should of read is how many games Venus will lose winning the title........

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
There's just no "win" for the Williamses...!!!

:cool: In 2001 Kim was a French Open Finalist, "and lo and behold" she became "known" as one of the "best clay-courters" around. Venus, who was a finalist in 2002 and had won other clay titles, one beating Martina Hingis, and she's "chopped liver"...!!! What gives...??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And, correct me if I'm wrong, Kim was not the holder of any clay titles...!!!

At any rate, I really don't care what "mouths" say, as long as Venus gets the results. Good to know that people don't see her as a threat..!!! Makes the "wins" that much more "sweeter".!!!

Goooooo VEENuuuussssssssss!!! :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Experimentee said:
I dont think they really believe she wont win, but they just hope she wont and are voting for their fave.
I hope you're right, and the people really don't think she is bad on clay, because she isn't.

But if you are right, does this mean not many of Venus' fans have voted or that she doesn't have many. Nevermind...

But goodluck Venus in Warsaw and in PARIS!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Naldo said:
who cares. it's just stupid polls, and you knwo that usually people just vote for their favorites, and if u woulda checked that pool the first few days it was out, Venus was ahead with like 70% so................. people just have different opinions thats all!

thank you.

also. people just love sarcasm :)

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
SeReNeVeNuS said:
I hope you're right, and the people really don't think she is bad on clay, because she isn't.

But if you are right, does this mean not many of Venus' fans have voted or that she doesn't have many. Nevermind...

But goodluck Venus in Warsaw and in PARIS!!! :bounce:
Venus has loads of fans. Her fans just have better things to do than sit there and vote repeatedly for her. That's the thing with the WTA polls that make them such jokes. You can vote over and over for the same choices like 100 times. It's so bogus. And besides, those polls are wrong 90% of the time. If they were anything close to reality, then Venus and Serena would never have won any GS, would be ranked over than 50 and wouldn't be dominant players of the tour. There's a HUGE gap between fantasy and reality. I'm glad I am more aligned with the realists!!

GO VEE!!! Title 30 in Warsaw sounds JUST FINE!!! :worship:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts