Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF is going on here Venus? You're not only winning titles outside of Wimbledon but on clay? Naah, really? I don't know how much longer I can take this :lol:

Zurich (Tier II)
YEC
AO :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dubai (Tier I)
Acapulco (Tier III)

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
it's been a nice run minus the awfulness that was AO
And a nice UP Yours to people who said she couldn't win anything off grass. Okay Acapulco is not a big title but Dubai and YEC are.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
When is the last time she held 5 titles? Wimbledon, Zurich, YEC, Dubai and now Acapulco. And I expect her to collect another one before Wimby.

Venus Fucking Williams :bowdown:

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
We are seeing vintage Venus. She and Serena are hear to restore order in the WTA, tennis life is good once again.

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,140 Posts
AO loss was frustrating but it may have been a blessing in disguise....time will tell...

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
When is the last time she held 5 titles? Wimbledon, Zurich, YEC, Dubai and now Acapulco. And I expect her to collect another one before Wimby.

Venus Fucking Williams :bowdown:
:eek: I didn't even realize she had 5 titles AMAZE!!! :worship::worship:
she hasn't done that since 2002 (?) I think.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I was a little worried those first couple matches. But her play in the final was pretty awesome. She played patient and aggressive tennis. She moved around pretty well against a formidable opponent in Flavia. I'm sooo happy she is winning titles, esp. on different surfaces.

·
Trainwreck
58,693 Posts
I didn't know this! Everyone's talking about how Dementieva's only lost a couple of matches and all the while Venus has only lost one...

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
so happy!:hearts:

keep it up Venus and bring it to the slams.

·
Banned
9,423 Posts
:eek: I didn't even realize she had 5 titles AMAZE!!! :worship::worship:
she hasn't done that since 2002 (?) I think.
On to Miami which she has an excellent chance at winning. :angel: Hopefully her and Serena are on opposite sides.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Venus is not some unknown player, she is there more than 10 years, so if we look her career numbers by far most impressive about this latest winning stats is fact that she achieve that in parts of season when she traditionally produce her careers worst results (at end and at start of every season)!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Venus is not some unknown player, she is there more than 10 years, so if we look her career numbers by far most impressive about this latest winning stats is fact that she achieve that in parts of season when she traditionally produce her careers worst results (at end and at start of every season)!
Agreed! :lol: This start to 09 has been SUCH an improvement compared to her start to 08 last year.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts