Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She's not in top eight. I guess with Davenport out, she IS in the eight seeds.
She does better against hard hitters then variety-types, historically.

1r BYE
2r KLEYBANOVA vs RAZZANO winner
3r Peer (2.CHakvetadze 3.Sprem)
4r Myskina or Pennatta
QF Sharapova
SF Clijsters or Dementieva
FR Mauresmo 0r Henin-Hardenne

4r - Myskina on a hard court isn't the threat that Myskina is on clay.
QF - Well, Petrova would have been ideal, but a flat-hitting baseliner is safe enough, given the available opponents. Even a hardcore Venus fan like me, in a dispassionate moment, has to admit Sharapova should be favored here. This isn't grass, Sharapova just won a hardcourt tournament, and Venus is coming back from an injury.

SF, FR - All tough, given Venus hasn't been playing.

All in all, a pretty good draw.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
If Venus can win her 3 first matches and get to the Sharapova match, she'll probably win it.

Its getting there that'll be the hard part. Not because of the players, but herself.

·
16,052 Posts
-SMM- said:
If Venus can win her 3 first matches and get to the Sharapova match, she'll probably win it.

Its getting there that'll be the hard part. Not because of the players, but herself.

Agreed.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jedem said:
I hope for a Nastya vs. Venus 4th round! :drool:
I hope Venus doesn't lose to Kleybanova.

·
Registered
25,015 Posts
Volcana said:
I hope Venus doesn't lose to Kleybanova.
I saw Kleybanova in person last year in Miami qualies and she was very inconsistant. If Venus plays B- tennis, she'll get by comfortably. :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If Venus gets deep in the tournament, I don't care who she plays, Venus will be tough as hell to beat. That's just how it is with her (and Serena)...you'll have a better chance to beat her in the early rounds while she's still warming up.

GO VEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
venus will only get to the quaters she is lacking match practice and fitness and surley at the moment will be no match for the ever improving sharapova. she should make it to the quaters though.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
She is lucky in that she didn't sraw Hingis or some other tougher play semi-early, so her draw is not horrible. Its not a cakewalk though.

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
Lets just hope her form is better than AO, because if she has practiced and prepared then she is sure to get deep into the tournament.

I just hope she is healthy and ready to go. The tour has been so boring without her!

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
I am hoping she can play free of injuries. I want to see her go deep in the draw.

Best of luck Venus!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
i doubt she'd be playing if she wasn't ready. i expect her to make the quarters and i hope she gets to the semis :bounce:

·
16,052 Posts
msharafan said:
venus will only get to the quaters she is lacking match practice and fitness and surley at the moment will be no match for the ever improving sharapova. she should make it to the quaters though.

Fitness has never been a issue for Vee. And if she wins her first three matches she should work her way into form and she will have no problem beating Sharapova. keep praying though. :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If she is healthy and if she really wants it, she'll get to the end!

Remember the Wimbledon last year. She has beaten those "favored" players. Don't see a reasson why she wouldn't do it again!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I hope venus kicks ass here.

·
Registered
27,920 Posts
hmm, tough enough draw but if Vee can just make it through those early rounds, and get some feel back for her game, I think she could be hard for anyone to stop after that;)

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
msharafan said:
Again, following every Venus thread! :lol:

for someone so confident of what Venus won't
do you sure seem to be trying to convince yourself
by posting the same snap in nearly every Venus thread
started in the last day.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Yet another thread about Venus' draw? :confused:

Anyway...

We don't know her form yet, she could be as good as Wimbledon 05 or as bad as Australian Open 06. It's not that bad of a draw, and if both get there, I think we can have a sense of her form when she faces Myskina. I don't see her beating Sharapova, though. Unless she has a very strong start in the match.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Paneru said:
Again, following every Venus thread! :lol:

for someone so confident of what Venus won't
do you sure seem to be trying to convince yourself
by posting the same snap in nearly every Venus thread
started in the last day.
My thoughts exactly!!!!:lol: Not too worried about Vee's draw....it is what it is, and she'll do what she has to do, to go as deep as she can. Good luck, Vee! It's just nice to know we can see her back on the courts. :hearts:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts