Tennis Forum banner

Venus doesn't deserve a new clothing contract!

2K views 40 replies 31 participants last post by  MyskinaManiac 
#1 ·
I don't think she deserves one at all. When she won Wimbledon, it was her best chance to get one. But, if were gonna be honest who would give her one now, her results are no longer stellar and she is highly inconsistent (even in many of current wins). Basically if you were Nike and Lacoste would you sponsor (asking for a lot of money) who doesn't constantly make it to semis and beyond. I would not and they should do the same. Until she starts winning, she should bring her asking price (as many have hinted is the problem) or realise with her current results she doesn't deserve what she's asking for.

I know people won't agree with me but, its how I feel!

#2 ·
Maybe she won't

You know what I think she won't
I want her to have a clothing contract but I know she's not getting one

When she won Wimbledon in 05 she didn't had one and it's going to stay the same no matter if she wins the three next Grand Slam

To be honest it's really cool to see Venus with her clothes. It's like Classic Venus she only wears them and I haven't seen anyone wearing something similar to Venus' and for me that makes her unique.

#28 ·
:rolls:

On the subject of clothes, i don't care, Venus looked stunning today. She should wear this all seasons.

On the subject of results, clay is her weakest surface, especially green clay. Venus is patchy, but if you actually watch her matches, she still has what it takes to win the big ones. She may never regain her early consistency, but she is still always a title threat wherever she plays. She just couldn't adjust her balance today.

#8 ·
Yeah, buts its a bit far saying she isnt deserving of anything. At least she's out there playing, loving what she's doing. When she's injured you cant blame her for that........

She's far more deserving of contracts for all her dedication and achievments in tennis than a lot of players i could care to mention....

#13 ·
Without a clothing contract Venus is still one of the highest paid women in tennis, so big deal.

#14 ·
Thank god for Serena I say...keeping the family name alive!

p.s. Venus doesn't deserve a contract for way she is playing. As I said she obviously asking for too much- the 'other players' who you choose not to mention must not ask for as much. And, seriously do you honestly think Venus went from designing her outfits to wearing the same sh1t for over 2 years- she's a fashionable girl afterall! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#15 ·
Venus doesn't care why should we?? She's still a multi-millionaire at the end of the day. If you don't like Venus stop being a fan and following her it will make your life easier. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm sure Venus is losing plenty of sleep because you're displeased with her.

#18 ·
I don't think she deserves one at all. When she won Wimbledon, it was her best chance to get one. But, if were gonna be honest who would give her one now, her results are no longer stellar and she is highly inconsistent (even in many of current wins). Basically if you were Nike and Lacoste would you sponsor (asking for a lot of money) who doesn't constantly make it to semis and beyond. I would not and they should do the same. Until she starts winning, she should bring her asking price (as many have hinted is the problem) or realise with her current results she doesn't deserve what she's asking for.

I know people won't agree with me but, its how I feel!
What the hell Venus is asking for.

#23 ·
only 43 women on tour have had a better year so far...so where does this line for stopping sponsorship begin? please...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.