Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was a battle for Venus but she came through unscathed. hopefully she'll get enough rest to give Lindsay a challenge in a couple of hours. way to go Queen V :wavey:

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
That sloppiness was yeasterday, today she actually was pretty good, almost

;)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
I hope so too.

I think the reason for the battle is that Venus had not seen this player before and didn't know how to play her (it makes you wonder who in the Williams camp is doing the scouting:rolleyes: ). But when she finally did, she won the match.

Having said that, I still give the advantage to Lindsay, based on what I saw.:sad:

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
venus :D :banana:

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Damn. Lindsay is probably cursing the rain yesterday. Marta was playing ok yesterday. Venus just played better today. Lindsay has a battle today. I hope she's up for it.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
A-S-V Williams said:
That sloppiness was yeasterday, today she actually was pretty good, almost

;)
She was much better today in the third set. She served great and I think two of the games she won at love and one she won at 15.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
venus was 19-1 on clay last year , i expect her to use this awfull match as a wake up call.

i wanna see venus BT lindsay , but will be content if it is a close match either way.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
YAY! Much luck to you against Lindsay, Venus! :kiss:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
A ridiculous number of DFs from Domachowska, but I'm happy with the Venus/Lindsay match up as it's going to be on eurosport!

·
Registered
730 Posts
When will venus realise this isn't 2001 and Martina hingis as her main rival??!! I just hate the way she returns serve- it seems to be all or nothing with her and the reason why she had had a break point coversion of 6 out 21 in this match! She needs to show her opponents serve a little more respect and just get he ball back into play sometimes- she did the same thing last week against sharpova and didn't get abreak point until the final game...

Anyway glad she's through- maybe the fact that she's fully warmed up will be an advantage against lindsey...

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
BTW, if Venus beats Lindsay today, will Maria be the new number one?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.