·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
really? where did you get that?!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
I can't say I'm unhappy about this news!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Venus is playing 3 weeks in a row! I can't believe it, I'm happy and yet sad because my Rena pulled out :D :mad: :D :mad:

Oh well, Go Venus!!!:bounce: :bounce:
I'll miss you Serena!!! :( :(

·
Banned
23,113 Posts
I guess that's all that Venus needed to become #1 -
elimination of Serena from the Tour. I can't but suspect that
it is again a family decision. Venus is given a green light for
one decisive push for #1.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I am not too happy with Anna decision, what if she draw a Venus or Henin or Mauresmo in the first round? she will be out of there straight away, she could have play at tier 3 and can be actually have a chance to go far into the tourney

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
ys??????

Gosh, forget it...its not worth it.

·
Registered
17,920 Posts
Is there no rule against committing to one event, then suddenly blowing that event off to play another one instead, the same week? This is a new one on me! :eek:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
janie...there is, but most of the articles that I read said Anna would either be in Antwerp or Doha, with ASV and Conchita also vying for WC's in Doha.

I'm sure this deal was worked out with the WTA and the Tournaments to make sure that they get top players at both tournaments. At least I hope thats how it went down.

·
Premium Member
181,854 Posts
i dont think Venus had ever committed to Doha, it was only a rumor.

If she was going to come in it would have been on a WC.

GOLD Exempt players can enter late into events, in this case Venus has simply replaced Serena.

See the rules in the Statistics forum.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
TBE, I thought he was referring to Anna???

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
That's great for the Antwerp tourney and those of you board members who are attending. :)

Get well soon, Serena!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Venus never Committed to Doha and it was no rumour, they're talking about Anna!!! Venus commited to Dubai!! Anna and Monica were the ones who committed to the other Middle Eastern tournament!!

·
Veelieve!!!
32,766 Posts
This makes absolutely NO SENSE ys.. Serena is behind Venus in the rankings and has a hard time beating her as well... She is hurt and Venus is already in Europe, so it makes perfect sense to play this tournament considering she hates playing her sister and vowed to play more this year... I guess she heard your merciless complains about her lack of playing because she 's decided to add more tournaments to her schedule, and here you are complaining yet again :rolleyes:

P.S. your empty conjecture makes exactly as much sense as as thinking that Dubya and Enron 's Ken Lay aren't buddies :p

Go Venus !!!!

·
Registered
17,920 Posts
Eggy, yes I was referring to ANNA blowing off Doha, not Venus! They definitely thought Anna was coming. I can't believe that players can get away with this.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,314 Posts
Get well soon Serena!

Good luck Venus and Anna!!

GO BLAZING BABES 2k2!

I smell a FFC trophy for next week.... :)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
ys said:
YS, I can't help but wonder why you would make such an assertion. While you have an interesting opinion here, it makes as much sense as those who argue that Capriati is a false number 1 because she has yet to beat Venus. Unless you are in the Williams family camp, you shouldn't make such statements because you have no idea what the truth is here.

Yes, the Williams sisters are family, but Serena is currently injured (please remember that she withdrew from her semifinal match @ the Adidas and subsequently withdrew from commitments @ the Oz and the Pan Pacific) and Venus is currently the number 2 player in the world. If Venus chooses to make a decisive push for the no. 1 ranking, that is her choice and has very little to do with her sister.

You must also remember that Serena is currently ranked @ no. 10 in the world. She is not even in the top 5! Given her current injury status and her decision not to defend her title @ Indian Wells, Serena will definantly be out of the top 10 in a couple of weeks. She is hardly, at this point in time, a contender for a top ranking status where as Venus is within striking distance of that spot. Besides given Venus current 4-1 record over her sister, Serena is not very much competition for Venus at this point in time.

I love your posts YS and this is not meant to be a criticism of you, but your post about the sisters is way off the mark here.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts