Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMg..... i mean she should have won this match. thats the only way davenport can win against her... Go venus and please work on that forehand..

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
She also had 50-something winners.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
please do not try and argue with this person anyone. they are too intelligent and it would be a futile exercise

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
:haha:

Oh boy, how i was x-pecting a thread like this.

OMG, how well did Lindsay play?

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
tatravoltage said:
OMg..... i mean she should have won this match. thats the only way davenport can win against her... Go venus and please work on that forehand..
wow all those Unforced Errors and she only lost by three points!!! That says something.

Venus if you had cleaned up that forehand you would have won. All those errors did u in.

·
Registered
595 Posts
People are really putting too much emphasis on the unforced errors. Anymore, every shot is either considered a winner or an unforced error, which doesn't really cover the "forced" unforced error. Davenport forced some of those errors by the pace and depth of her shots. Also, while some of Williams' shots really were awful, quite a few barely missed the line. Davenport is at her most dangerous when she has time to set up for her shots. Williams could not hope to accomplish much by playing it safer and going up the middle.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
didn't see the match but Venus has always won in spite of having a high UE count. so something else must explain this loss. perhaps Davey was just that little bit better?

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Dayum i saw the match but I didnt know that Venus made that many unforced errors. She basically gave Davenport that first match with that forehand.....all i did was just sit and shake my head.....I kept sayin she needs to spend the whole summer on that Forehand and 1rst serve. 73 unforced errors....thats should be a wake up call....

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,168 Posts
wow, she made almost as many as perry (84) :lol:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
tennischick said:
didn't see the match but Venus has always won in spite of having a high UE count. so something else must explain this loss. perhaps Davey was just that little bit better?
Lindsay played great, but Venus did not move her around nearly as much as she has done in the past. IMO that is why Lindsay won. Venus was doing most of the running!

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
73??? is that all?? Come on this is the Williams sisters we're talking about. Don't they usually average 95? LOL :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme said:
wow all those Unforced Errors and she only lost by three points!!! That says something.

Venus if you had cleaned up that forehand you would have won. All those errors did u in.
Thank you for setting the record straight! :bigclap:

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Looking back at the tiebreaks, Lindsay was actually forcing many of the "unforced" errors. She was palying with no fear, and hitting harder than at any time of the match.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Andrew. said:
Looking back at the tiebreaks, Lindsay was actually forcing many of the "unforced" errors. She was palying with no fear, and hitting harder than at any time of the match.

If she had forced them, they wouldn't be unforced errors.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Knizzle said:
If she had forced them, they wouldn't be unforced errors.
Watch the tiebreaks. Many of those shots WERE forced by Lindsay. I don't care what the official stats are.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Knizzle said:
Who said those shots were unforced errors??
MJF and Tim Ryan.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Although Venus' stats are pretty specatcular, I don't think enough are giving credit for what Lindsay was able to do.

Lindsay did not wait for Venus to make the errors like Myskina did at the French. She hung tough and kept the ball in play.

The difference is, Lindsay played better when she was in trouble and stepped it up on the bigger points, which allowed her to win the match.

I watched the match like many others did and Venus did not just hand the match to Linds.

·
Registered
47,518 Posts
Nope....Lindsay was really going for her shots and Venus was running a LOOOOTTTT!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts