Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Venus is tired of swallowing

"I have had some disappointing and tough losses I have had to swallow and I'm tired of swallowing." - World No3 Venus Williams spat this out after winning the Australian hardcourt title in straight sets over Belgian Justine Henin. We know what you mean, Venus.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Heh. I saw this earlier.

Do you think Venus meant it like that?!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I understand the joke, but why did Venus say that? I mean, losing to Barbara Schett (1R FO) or Meghan Shaughnessy (QF Stanford) may have been tough losses, but she shouldn't be feeling that disappointed to have lost to them. Those are two very talented players who had to fight hard to earn their wins. And it's not as if Venus has lost a ton of tournament finals in a row or anything. She's on a winning streak! I don't get why she'd say that. :confused:

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
I think the loss to Barbara Schett was a very tough loss. It was the first round of a grand slam. We all know it's the slams that matter the most. I doubt many people know that Venus lost to Meghan or Justine last year, but I bet they all know she lost in the first round of the French.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts