901 - 920 of 936 Posts

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
It’s a damn good day. Gonna sleep peacefully tonight. You love to see it

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Veesus just shushed y’all with her K-Swiss partnership 🧡 She is not retiring any time soon!
This is old news sis! We have the vodka sponsorship to stan for now.

Besides, it's K-Swiss, she might as well be repping Payless Shoes. Especially given the fact that she has a 1/7 win/loss record in these new K-Swiss shoes. 👀

I do like the fact that it probably means she intends to stick around a bit longer though! I wonder when she will head to Australia, it will have to be sooner than usual given the quarantine period so she can be ready for the warmup tournaments.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do like the fact that it probably means she intends to stick around a bit longer though! I wonder when she will head to Australia, it will have to be sooner than usual given the quarantine period so she can be ready for the warmup tournaments.
I agree. Her and Eric need to get ready. They'll have to drive cross country to California in the RV. Then it could take a month to reach Australia via the rental boat depending on the weather conditions.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Venus is in Cali at the moment! Taking @GHills advice before she sails in her canoe to Australia.

- She's been filming for Top Court (a tennis video coaching monthly subscription thing featuring a lot of big names), which should come out soon.

- Has been photographed having dinner with Kenya Barris (Girls Trip, Black-ish).

- Recently on Instagram she posted in makeup saying she just got done shooting with a directing 'legend'. I wouldn't call him a legend tbh but who knows what she has in the pipeline? This bish gonna win an Oscar before she wins title #50. 😭

- People saying she has rejigged her serve slightly again, although i'm terrible at noticing these micro changes.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Oooo yeah her serve looks so smooth there! She is raising both arms at the same time, which should help timing and compact the shot a bit more (as opposed to raising the tossing arm first and then having the racket hand race to catch up...which does give good racket head speed but can open the door for more to go wrong). Also, thank you for that recap from Coach Eric! SOOOOO interesting and positive to read. Really like his attitude and their partnership. Glad Venus has been so receptive to him. So unlike her haha.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

How did Shaughnessy qualify for a YEC? I don't recall her ever be a top 10 singles player.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts

How did Shaughnessy qualify for a YEC? I don't recall her ever be a top 10 singles player.

For a few years it was a 16 player draw with 8 seeds. Her appearance was as one of the top 16. :) Also I imagine there were some withdrawals as there is at least one almost every year.

Y'all look at this absolute lashing of Lindsay in just 60 minutes. Terrific interview too.

·
Registered
54,286 Posts
For a few years it was a 16 player draw with 8 seeds.
For a few years?? It was always like that since its first year in 1972 until 2003 when it switched to RR format with 8 players.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yall! I forgot in that Konta/Venus match in Wuhan how the crowd just started applauding this intense long rally they had late in the 3rd set! Like I don't think that's EVER happened before!!!! hahaha Really was a great quality match, Venus' relief at the end is so relatable I reckon for all of us as just fans!!

·
Registered
54,286 Posts
Cities still have not been made public

Reactions: V20s19r

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Well it took one of my coworkers dying from COVID to push us to work-from-home again. But it’s just for Thanksgiving week. Absolutely maddening. I can’t wait for 46 to take over!

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Have y’all seen that video of Alex De Minaur working out???

901 - 920 of 936 Posts