Tennis Forum banner

881 - 900 of 942 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Good luck y’all. We better be seeing the end of a horrific 4-year mandate tomorrow. 🙏 I was listening to his thoughts from the debate on solar and wind energy and I kept wondering where was a scientist with a FALSE sign every time he said something idiotic.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
People saying on Reddit that they are NOT sending help to Florida after they are hit with hurricanes. I can’t 😩

Biden is really taking these remaining states! Will that Nevada/Wisconsin/Michigan combo be it?! I’m praying for y’all.

·
Premium Member
20,793 Posts
I think Biden will get it. The only disappointing thing is the Senate won't flip to D control and that will stall anything Biden wants to get done (no SC exapnsion or statehood for PR). Still Ds can try and fix all the horrible holes in the government this administration exposed. Fixing the DOJ and the Intelligence agencies will be a huge benefit. And if Trump goes at least the nazis will loose their figurehead and mouthpiece for now.

But America must have a reckoning about the roots of its racism and the grip the 1% has on power in that country. The fact the results could be so close is shockingly sad and disgusting.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #891
Damn. Venus is likely out of a job.

Those Trump rubles paid quite a few bills too.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Nothing more delicious than watching Venus end Konta's career. She did it twice (at Wimbledon in front of the home crowd, and at Miami from a set down where she was the defending champion). I forgot how amazing the Wuhan match was! She has played amazing tennis that season.

I agree with @joeshmo50, the backhand DTL is one of the biggest indicators of how confident she's feeling on court.

And LOL, is this the reason she picked up so many extra sponsors? Because she saw the writing on the wall for her republican brethren? A broke queen, but a business savvy one!!!!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Listening to Eric on the Functional Tennis podcast. Here are some highlights:
- Says he has seen great improvements with the new serve and forehand technique, she just needs a couple more matches. "There have been flashes of brilliance."

- There has been a lot of discussion about strategy (rather than physical elements of the game and fitness). Particularly at playing each particular opponent.

- Says her mental side and how she moves through a loss and motivates herself into a practice and always finding positives is the best he's ever seen.

- Her time commitment is amazing, she does not miss practices and warmups etc. even with her CEO endeavours. Says that's a "champion's mind right there."

- Also mentions her commitment to family. Still in touch with Richard super often as well as the rest of her family.

- The best moment for him so far with her coaching was the Kvitova win at IW 2019. It was their first tournament together and the way she fought through the match really impressed him.

- They have some positive things to work on going into 2021 and he plans to be on the road with her (eg traveling internationally and not committing to his tennis club). He told his club he will come back to his full role at the end of her career - "whenever she decides that to be: whether it's one year, ten years, whatever."

- Says he's here because he feels he can help her towards the end of her career "do something really special. You never know what's gonna happen." "It's important to be ready for a big performance, because you never know when it's gonna happen."

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Thanks for the recap! :love:

That heaux tried it! She was feeling herself after beating Serena, but Veesus was not to be denied.
Thugsus is my FAVOURITE yassssss!!! 💅

When she was ready to CHOP Eva Asderaki's throat at the AO ....... Lord. "Right is right and wrong is wrong, and I'm not a fool"💄

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
Thugsus is my FAVOURITE yassssss!!!

When she was ready to CHOP Eva Asderaki's throat at the AO ....... Lord. "Right is right and wrong is wrong, and I'm not a fool"
One of my greatest achievements is getting the stank eye from her when I was cheering too loud at FedCup

·
Registered
9,931 Posts
Congratulations guys! You fucking did that. 😍 Y’all better get drunk this weekend.
I'm relieved for the USA 🤗
And for myself 👀
The UK also had a lot riding on the election result. Boris Johnson and co., reportedly, had been hoping for a Trump victory, which would have allowed him to pursue the most damaging form of Brexit possible, and wreck and private our health service.
Imagine being a (non-Hungarian) European leader and actually wishing for a Trump victory. :(

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
A 4-6 7-6 6-0 kind of tea!

Ugh, Sister Price, the rest of the Big 5 (Germany, France, Spain and Italy) were so done with him, Merkel in particular lmao. Imma count Italy in here just to be nice because they also have a big mess down there. 😫

881 - 900 of 942 Posts