Tennis Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 2067 Posts

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Sigh....she overplays on clay just to be injured for the grass season 🆘
Overplays by not winning a match. 😭 It's obviously that injury she sustained in that flop match against Errani, because she has pulled out of some of her favourite tournaments (Rome, Charleston) only to play the likes of Strasbourg and Parma. Still figuring out how to manage that I suppose. Sigh.

Like I said in the other thread, she is probably not going to get an easier draw or field on grass this year than Nottingham, since most of the girls are at RG and the draw is FILLED with flops and walking BYEs. I had a look at the WWW thread in GM and thought even a present day Venus could land just about anywhere in the draw and win a match.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Withdrawing from Nottingham, unless it’s for a serious injury, is a horrible decision. She’s going to draw someone high ranked elsewhere and lose first round again. Wash, rinse, repeat. This is not encouraging.

·
Registered
28,090 Posts
Vee wouldn’t even have to move a step and she’d still mop up a draw of British wildcard/qualifying hacks😭

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
😢 What horrible news! I was hoping the injury was on the mend as she didn't seem hampered in her clay matches. But her movement is for sure tentative so there is obviously still something going on. I'm sorry she's missing a grass warmup though.

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
She might have to take that Fox News correspondent gig :cry:.

OK I have slept on Soowoo Kwon. He is very cute.

·
Come on 24th!
7,913 Posts
She might have to take that Fox News correspondent gig :cry:.

OK I have slept on Soowoo Kwon. He is very cute.
Now white man does have different tastes in their Asians.

I don't feel that he's attractive at all, and I'm usually attracted by small-eyed Asian men :LOL:

·
Come on 24th!
7,913 Posts
I'm watching Roger and he definitely became more vocal on the court without me noticing it. Giving come ons on the court. Did he take lessons from Jameka on intensity? :LOL:

I'm here for it.

·
Premium Member
52,880 Posts
Never knew Australia had a Fox News!

The UK operation is definitely Murdoch-owned, too. Some people say it has a right-wing slant, but I personally don't see it.

I guess the it must be a matter of media regulation? There are pretty strict regulations for broadcast journalism here.

But I couldn't ever have dreamt (/nightmared) about that type of headline appearing in Sky News UK, which is why it shocked me so much.
If you ever want to lose weight watch Sky News Australia, one look at Peta Credlin and lose appetite for a week :devil:

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
If you ever want to lose weight watch Sky News Australia, one look at Peta Credlin and lose appetite for a week :devil:
Just wiki'd her!
These people sell their souls for Murdoch money, don't they? And it's always the racists that are so willing to transact with the devil:

"In 2020, Credlin caused controversy after claiming in a Sky News broadcast that South Sudanese Australians were not following government measures intended to stop the spread of COVID-19 due to problems with language proficiency, and that “poorly-assimilated" South Sudanese migrants had ignored restrictions in an “end-of-Ramadan feast”. Credlin's statement was harshly criticized in the media, with SBS News noting that the vast majority of South Sudanese people are actually Christians. "

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
Jameka...👀👀👀
Hopefully Vee has a spare discounted flixbus ticket for her to cross the channel.
Serena will tell it to you like it is.
I wonder what she said to Veesus when she drew her broke self in with that bus ticket. 👀

·
Premium Member
52,880 Posts
Just wiki'd her!
These people sell their souls for Murdoch money, don't they? And it's always the racists that are so willing to transact with the devil:

"In 2020, Credlin caused controversy after claiming in a Sky News broadcast that South Sudanese Australians were not following government measures intended to stop the spread of COVID-19 due to problems with language proficiency, and that “poorly-assimilated" South Sudanese migrants had ignored restrictions in an “end-of-Ramadan feast”. Credlin's statement was harshly criticized in the media, with SBS News noting that the vast majority of South Sudanese people are actually Christians. "

:rolleyes:
Your in UK sis?

I can’t stand the Murdoch monopoly the fact they are a major source of misinformation and act as a Conservative political party PR team does not sit well with me.

In Australia generally what happens when a high profile conservative retires or loses their seat in an election they become part of Sky News propaganda team.

·
Premium Member
52,880 Posts
Peta Credlin who I despise for example was former PM Tony Abbotts Chief Of Staff, many believe he was merely her puppet.

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
A lot of the world is skewing to the right in a very troubling way. I fully expect Canada to go with a Conservative majority in our next election. Though a lot of that has to do with the Liberal party bungling a lot of things while in power. So far our Conservative party isn't like American Republicans but I find they tend to take the hard right turn as soon as they know they have power.

If the US truly does go fascist in 2025 I think the shockwaves globally will be devastating. All this happening with the backdrop of climate change is so troubling. I'm not generally a pessimist but it just doesn't feel good.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
This is all coming to an end soon and we just need to enjoy everything while it lasts. 😢 I've only watched Serena's matches and I knew that her level was not going to be enough on clay. I'm hoping she's more coordinated on grass.
This is where i'm at, too. Not expecting huge wins any more, and not being as devastated by the losses, just realising that there won't be many more opportunities to even watch Venus compete. Which is still a privilege, no matter how much she has declined, and I don't want to take that for granted.

It feels like Serena is going to slink away quietly at the end of the season (her emotional wave to the AO crowd, her picking up a piece of clay as she left the court apparently). Venus seems to like tennis more and I could see her playing on without Ree if she was actually healthy and could win matches. But if she doesn't get some momentum going soon and realises it's not going to get better, I can see them both bowing out quietly at the end of the season. :( I'm still not ready lol.

I'm also a bit less invested in this slam now too, which has somehow been just as much of a flop as last year's rainy, miserable, top-player-deprived Rolly G. Rooting for my north African queen Ons Jabeur to make a dream run to the title, otherwise happy for Coco to take it. Sakkari and Tsitsipas doing a Greek double could be cute, but very unlikely.

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
Your in UK sis?

I can’t stand the Murdoch monopoly the fact they are a major source of misinformation and act as a Conservative political party PR team does not sit well with me.

In Australia generally what happens when a high profile conservative retires or loses their seat in an election they become part of Sky News propaganda team.
Yes, I'm in the UK sis.

I read something a few months ago about a commission into the Murdoch media in Australia. I hope something comes of it (assuming it hasn't been scuppered...).
We desperately need the same here, for our print media. It will never happen while the Conservatives are in government, but I'm hopeful for whenever a Labour government comes to power. The egregiously biased coverage of the Labour party under Corbyn in the UK finally brought the issue of media bias into focus. Far more people are now aware of how extensive, nasty and sinister the Murdoch press is over here. It's gotten to the point where, if you don't have Murdoch's blessing, you simply can't succeed in politics. You certainly can't become Prime Minister.

1921 - 1940 of 2067 Posts