Tennis Forum banner
2881 - 2900 of 2948 Posts

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
THE BEADS!!!! :love: Solange is shaking. Venus in beads just feels right. What a sweet way to pay tribute to her younger self, since she is always saying she won't return to it because it's more of a 'kids' hairstyle. She looks absolutely beautiful from head to toe, quite a sexy dress too. As for Re, did Aneres get absorbed by FashionNova? Because that's what i'm seeing here.

And wow they are really doing nothing to dispel those rumours, the way Vee is looking up at Opelka in that pic. Why is he dressed like the Golden State Killer, though?

·
Premium Member
21,587 Posts
I knew y'all would be stanning her premier look as much as me when I came here! It's so perfect! I prefer the outfit Serena is wearing in the candids with Opelka to her all black look. Though it's super cute Olympia has her own version.

Opelka stans them both so I don't want to read too much into it....but that one pic!

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
I knew y'all would be stanning her premier look as much as me when I came here! It's so perfect! I prefer the outfit Serena is wearing in the candids with Opelka to her all black look. Though it's super cute Olympia has her own version.

Opelka stans them both so I don't want to read too much into it....but that one pic!
Yes, I loved the grey on Serena too and Isha and Lyndrea both looked amazing ❤ Yes, Reilly and Francis and Mastermind and a few other close tennis types were there too. Of course, the early paparazzi pics focused on the family. There was another cute pic of Venus dancing with Jaden Smith :)

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
THE BEADS!!!! :love: Solange is shaking. Venus in beads just feels right. What a sweet way to pay tribute to her younger self, since she is always saying she won't return to it because it's more of a 'kids' hairstyle. She looks absolutely beautiful from head to toe, quite a sexy dress too. As for Re, did Aneres get absorbed by FashionNova? Because that's what i'm seeing here.

And wow they are really doing nothing to dispel those rumours, the way Vee is looking up at Opelka in that pic. Why is he dressed like the Golden State Killer, though?
:sobbing:

·
Premium Member
21,587 Posts
Yes, I loved the grey on Serena too and Isha and Lyndrea both looked amazing ❤ Yes, Reilly and Francis and Mastermind and a few other close tennis types were there too. Of course, the early paparazzi pics focused on the family. There was another cute pic of Venus dancing with Jaden Smith :)
Not Mastermind coming to famewhore after the shade he has thrown at Venus over the years!

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Exactly! You know he was eating up the paparazzi and interviewers attention with the "Serena's coach" title lobbed at him. He did say some nice things about the movie and how it was an amazing story THAT HE DIDN'T KNOW :eyeroll:

And @sweetbird , Chanda's podcast is really good and I liked Rick Macci's episode. Except for the fact that he and the rest of the tennis cognoscenti overlook a prominent fact about Venus--her Sjogrens probably started when she was in her early twenties and not diagnosed until much later. In a rare interview, Oracene said they were finally happy to get a diagnosis because for YEARS she had been doing things to compensate for Venus's ills. Remember when Venus said that sometimes if she's in a flare, she can't grip her racquet because it feels like concrete? Sjogrens patients usually suffer from a combined list of the autoimmune diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus or rheumatoid arthritis and scleroderma or sarcoidosis. Imagine all Venus has accomplished while privately suffering.

All that to say that the backtracking and making it look like Venus didn't make herself an all-time great in spite of playing with a disease she didn't know about for years? And others who DON'T have an autoimmune disease not having nearly the HOF career that she does? Gotta miss me with that 🤷 Sorry, the quickest way to start a rant from me is to retcon Venus's career without acknowledging all she's accomplished in spite of her challenges and making it sound like she didn't do enough.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Exactly! You know he was eating up the paparazzi and interviewers attention with the "Serena's coach" title lobbed at him. He did say some nice things about the movie and how it was an amazing story THAT HE DIDN'T KNOW :eyeroll:

And @sweetbird , Chanda's podcast is really good and I liked Rick Macci's episode. Except for the fact that he and the rest of the tennis cognoscenti overlook a prominent fact about Venus--her Sjogrens probably started when she was in her early twenties and not diagnosed until much later. In a rare interview, Oracene said they were finally happy to get a diagnosis because for YEARS she had been doing things to compensate for Venus's ills. Remember when Venus said that sometimes if she's in a flare, she can't grip her racquet because it feels like concrete? Sjogrens patients usually suffer from a combined list of the autoimmune diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus or rheumatoid arthritis and scleroderma or sarcoidosis. Imagine all Venus has accomplished while privately suffering.

All that to say that the backtracking and making it look like Venus didn't make herself an all-time great in spite of playing with a disease she didn't know about for years? And others who DON'T have an autoimmune disease not having nearly the HOF career that she does? Gotta miss me with that 🤷 Sorry, the quickest way to start a rant from me is to retcon Venus's career without acknowledging all she's accomplished in spite of her challenges and making it sound like she didn't do enough.
Great post, yeah that's all really significant when talking about Venus.

It's a decent podcast, but because it centres on serena, venus is largely mentioned in comparison to serena and why she isn't as good which gets a bit diminishing. I mean she's not Elke Clijsters...

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Great post, yeah that's all really significant when talking about Venus.

It's a decent podcast, but because it centres on serena, venus is largely mentioned in comparison to serena and why she isn't as good which gets a bit diminishing. I mean she's not Elke Clijsters...
True. I know that Serena is the focus of the podcast and that's fine. Like I said, I just get annoyed when people overlook Venus's abilities and think of her as less than.

·
Registered
90,456 Posts

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
Whitney Houston NFT Collection Features Unreleased Song Demo - Rolling Stone

Pat Houston really doesn't give a shit about Whitney's legacy :(
And who is her business adviser? Even forgetting her legacy, this has to be the most unsavvy way to make money from unreleased songs and personal material.

(The bitch auctioned off Whitney's passport a few years ago :help:)

Where is the Whitney museum?!

·
Registered
11,131 Posts

This is why Vee eclipses Henin and co. for me.
Vee has said herself that she's always had symptoms - so everything she has achieved, she's done under the duress of an autoimmune disease - multiple slam wins in a year, four finals in a row, playing both singles and doubles, Olympic medals, being better than everyone's faves. Not to even mention what she's done since she got diagnosed and her symptoms drastically worsened.

Yes, the disease has cost her some titles, but what she's achieved in spite of it is just extraordinary. It's a huge source of inspiration for me - some of life's most difficult challenges just don't seem that insurmountable when you look at what Vee's managed to do, against all the odds.

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts

And who is her business adviser? Even forgetting her legacy, this has to be the most unsavvy way to make money from unreleased songs and personal material.

What?? WTF is wrong with people? Now that both Whitney and her daughter have passed who gets the bulk of that estate? Royalties, etc? A shame. smh

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
This is why Vee eclipses Henin and co. for me.
Vee has said herself that she's always had symptoms - so everything she has achieved, she's done under the duress of an autoimmune disease - multiple slam wins in a year, four finals in a row, playing both singles and doubles, Olympic medals, being better than everyone's faves. Not to even mention what she's done since she got diagnosed and her symptoms drastically worsened.

Yes, the disease has cost her some titles, but what she's achieved in spite of it is just extraordinary. It's a huge source of inspiration for me - some of life's most difficult challenges just don't seem that insurmountable when you look at what Vee's managed to do, against all the odds.
👏 Well said.

Right after she made the public announcement at the USO that year, Good Morning America had a doctor from the national Sjogrens organization who said Venus was diagnosed young because normally they don't make a positive diagnosis until the late forties. :(

·
Premium Member
21,587 Posts

UGH. But this sadly makes sense. I always felt those around Whitney turned a blind eye to her issues because otherwise it would have meant being excluded and not getting that $$$. Like they literally had to have known what she was doing in the bath that fateful day and yet didn't check on her for some time. I guess they can do whatever with the estate as well since Bobbi Kristina is also gone :cry:

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
Phew! I don't even know if we are in the off season? I think we have since September, right? Lmao

You guys have to check this out: Will Smith Invites Venus and Serena to the Table
@13:30 Dead at Serena saying that Venus never gets bothered by her shots
@15:00 Yasss Venussss!!!! "Come for me if you want to. Please don't start anything with me, I won't yell or scream, but it WILL end"
@27:30 🥰

·
Registered
961 Posts
http://instagr.am/p/CWcAnErFeaV/
They talked about how they had end Oracene’s Twitter account because they never trust what she’s going to say. 😂 Didn’t she tweet that Clijsters was Medusa and to not look her in the eye one time? I know someone has the receipts 😭

·
Registered
6,667 Posts

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
What?? WTF is wrong with people? Now that both Whitney and her daughter have passed who gets the bulk of that estate? Royalties, etc? A shame. smh
Pat Houston is the executor, so I think she controls the money flow :(
She even tried to sell Whitney's Emmy a few years ago, but the academy blocked the sale. That's the kind of cash-grabbing people Pat and associates are.

You just need to listen to her speak to see how dubious she is. Cece Winans did a remembrance discussion video about Whitney a few weeks ago, and Pat, unfortunately, was featured; ... there's just something ... off about her and the way she tries to make it seem as if she and Whitney were so close.

UGH. But this sadly makes sense. I always felt those around Whitney turned a blind eye to her issues because otherwise it would have meant being excluded and not getting that $$$. Like they literally had to have known what she was doing in the bath that fateful day and yet didn't check on her for some time. I guess they can do whatever with the estate as well since Bobbi Kristina is also gone :cry:
Absolutely :( They knew full well.
It's been confirmed by some of the documentaries: they got rid of anyone who tried to bring Whitney's drug use to their attention, or tried to do anything about it. Whitney often paid for their expenses, and her entourage took terrible advantage of it.

The let her kill herself so they could keep their fingers in her bank account :sad:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

Honestly, I think the earliest signs of her illness can be traced back to 2000. Remember she withdrew from the YEC citing tiredness/anemia. Around 2004 or so she was told she had exercise induced asthma. Essentially she's played her entire career with this illness.

I do wonder though, what the hell happened between 2010-2011 to cause such a drastic drop in form. I'm not sure if I would completely blame the illness on it taking her her 4 years to reach her 2010-prior form.

2881 - 2900 of 2948 Posts