Tennis Forum banner
2861 - 2880 of 2948 Posts

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
I'm trying to buy tickets to go to the AO but my friend is only free for the days of the 3rd round matches. Do we think Queenus will win 2 matches?? 😭 I want to see her.
It's only a really unfortunate accident that prevented her from reaching R3 at the AO this year (can't believe it's almost been a year since then!). Health is always the asterisk with Vee, but if she's taken care of those chronic injuries, there's no reason why she shouldn't make R3. She still has the tennis.... and maybe we'll be gifted a couple of slow pushers in rounds 1 and 2 :love:.

But don't pass up a trip to the AO, whatever happens! Go and enjoy yourself, sis!

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's only a really unfortunate accident that prevented her from reaching R3 at the AO this year (can't believe it's almost been a year since then!). Health is always the asterisk with Vee, but if she's taken care of those chronic injuries, there's no reason why she shouldn't make R3. She still has the tennis.... and maybe we'll be gifted a couple of slow pushers in rounds 1 and 2 :love:.

But don't pass up a trip to the AO, whatever happens! Go and enjoy yourself, sis!
Wasn't she 1-5 down when she hurt herself?

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
Wasn't she 1-5 down when she hurt herself?
I mean, besides the freak injury, Venus clearly wasn't at 100% coming into the AO but, based on her performance in the warmup, how impotent Errani is, and how Venus was still able to dominate some of the rallies while playing on one leg, I think she could easily have come back and beaten Errani once she'd settled into the match.

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
Oh no worries, I'm a lot more pessimistic than most of you in here about Venus, going forward, so you maybe misunderstood
Sis, you'd better not even.
Venus is winning the AO. (Having recently won the calendar year R1 slam, she can only go upwards.)

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
But they've mislabelled some of them :/
Old :hysteric: is now "sobbing" (with colons).

It's a work in progress, apparently.

But we definitely need this for our last year as a PV family :sobbing: :hearts:
:sobbing: That's better, thanks for the correction. I will need to get them right for when Venus wins Roland Garros in singles and doubles this year.

·
Registered
90,456 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Vee looks simply stunning. The way she's working those beads makes me want to grow out my hair and get some, too :hearts:

Serena looks... Aneres-ish....
The way I just SCREAMED :sobbing: Serena and Olympia and Alexis looked lovely as a family, if a tad Aneres-ish, lol.

Venus does look stunning in her lame dress. At first I thought it was the Met Gala dress but it's not. She looks amazing with her beads too. And did you see who was also at the premiere with her? 👀

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
The way I just SCREAMED :sobbing: Serena and Olympia and Alexis looked lovely as a family, if a tad Aneres-ish, lol.

Venus does look stunning in her lame dress. At first I thought it was the Met Gala dress but it's not. She looks amazing with her beads too. And did you see who was also at the premiere with her? 👀
I love Serena, but lawd :sobbing:
--
Wait, who was with Vee?!

2861 - 2880 of 2948 Posts