Tennis Forum banner

5101 - 5120 of 5152 Posts

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Hapless I am also devastated that we won't get to see her lift Slam Suzanne this year. :(

Veesus is going to be doing a live workout on her IG! Mama is determined to sell those dresses!!!! Hope she's staying safe.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Does anyone have Venus vs Capriati and Venus vs Serena 2001 USOpen with CBS commentary? I always liked hearing Johnny Mac, Carillo, and Dick talk up Venus during her prime. These guys on this one are like listening to prerecorded generic statements, they don't even get a lot of the facts right and just say things like "backhand out." Or "Hingis hits with pace, Venus is taking pace off the ball." Um what?

·
Keeper of Secrets
8,914 Posts
Looked like she was at home in her latest Instagram content. Making that $$$ endorsing an app while stuck at home.

Praise Jehovah the rankings will be frozen. It was the most sensible solution anyway for the tour. God only knows when we will resume. Federer is so lucky Nadal and Djokovic can't win slams during this time lol...

Hope you are all staying safe!
Ok cool, good to Vee is distancing herself, hopefully she is handling i5 better than Serena

·
Keeper of Secrets
8,914 Posts
Phewww. Let’s retain points all the way! Indian Wells, Miami, Birmingham and **Cincinnati coming through.

How are you guys doing with everything’s that’s being going on?

Good that the rankings are frozen.

I'm more worried for my parents... lucky I have a job I can work from home and is stable, so we can social distance without impacting paying bills etc.

Times like this truly show how moronic some worldleaders are in protecting their people.

I've always been a city girl but beginning to understand the advantages of moving to a less condense state/ country.

Stay safe everyone :)

·
Keeper of Secrets
8,914 Posts

Awww, the backhands in this match are just!!! I'm so proud of that 7-2 against Henin. We may not get the 8th Slam, but sis, 7-2 is 7-2.

Yeah good match, but in the final Venus couldn't raise her game and it was sane outcome as her previous 3 finals.

I think the 2008 QF against Serena still haunts me. The start of Venus's mental/ belief/ choking..

Inspiring to see Venus workout! Need to check out the stream

My favourite match is Venus vs Sharpy 2005.

The Capriati 2001 semi was entertaining just for the staredown.

I felt Justine brought the best out of Venus. Their match in Amelia island shows when Venus is not stubborn that she can win playing junk tennis.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Capriati was one of the few players you can tell Venus doesn't like and played extra hard against lol. She hit so many errors in that USO SF (2001) in the first set because she was so fired up. Still 21 winners to Capriati's 4 though, lmao.

Their Miami match is a classic but the crowd almost make it unbearable with the way they wouldn't shut their whore mouths.... every time Vee hits a great shot, even if it's like a FOOT inside the court they start screaming "OUT!!". It was one of her more satisfying trophy lifts for that reason.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
WHY IS THIS US OPEN DOING THIS TO US?!
OUT OF ALL THE MATCHES OF QUEEN TO POST IN ITS ENTIRETY!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Venus really lost that match when she lost serve in the first game of the third set.

You do not bagel someone then come out and give your service game away at the beginning of a set.

She should have kept her foot on Sloane's neck. Holding serve could have done that.

·
Premium Member
20,252 Posts
The slams love to run the losses V & S have. Very rarely their wins :LOL:.

I wasn't that mad at that loss originally as I thought Joan was going to have a career. But seeing her now....

5101 - 5120 of 5152 Posts