Tennis Forum banner

5061 - 5080 of 5152 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,252 Posts
It's all so shocking but for the best. There is no stopping this now but minimizing exposure is the next best thing. The real kicker with this illness is the strain it puts on the medical care system of each country. It's so sad to see what is going on in Italy. Families having to stay with their dead relatives in the house...:cry:

All each country can do is try to slow the peak of the illness so that what happened in Wuhan, Italy and Iran doesn't happen to them. But there is so much anxiety in just waiting for it to hit.

Literally just got a notification from CBC News that Trudeau is now self-isolating because his wife has come down with a fever! :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
Veesus needs to be careful with her disease right now. Health always comes first!

At least she will have even more time to heal, practice and regroup. I know she can come back to her 2017 level.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I recall the IOC saying if the virus is still an issue come May, they will cancel the Olympics. If they do indeed cancel the Olympics, Venus will have lucked out.
Strap up your boots Veelievers we're are getting a 2021 season!!!

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Loved the highlights vs Nara, but how did she just barely edge the first set with 28 winners and 9 errors??? Lol. Queen of slow starts. Like most players, a litmus test for how confident she is is whether she’s going for her BHDTL or not. Also that match just shows how important it is that she has a solid serve.

She needs to bring back the 2014-2017 cat eye makeup! For good luck if nothing else lol.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Being a teacher in this mess is wonderful. All the kids can focus on is whether or not we’re all going to die from a plague and the admin are beating around the bush about whether or not we’re going to have to close.

Plus state testing starts in 3 weeks and you know damn well they ain’t postponing that shit. My kids are gonna have to sing to me via Skype looks like

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
The turning point was when she hit that 200km/h aces followed by the other aces. I miss her 2017 serve!

So Spain is partially confining everyone at home one “state” at a time. ?? How are your countries doing fellow veelievers?

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
The Aussie prime minister decided that we will 'deal with this on Monday', and start banning mass gatherings from then...... so it's fine to spread it this weekend! Because he wants to watch his fav rugby team play.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Do y'all think Venus tanked her 2015 USO QF? That was a MASSIVE drop in her level of play in that third set. I think she possibly couldn't fathom stopping Ree from achieving the great achievement in tennis.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Oh damn. Craziness is happening. This is literally the craziest shit ever isn’t it? They haven’t cancelled these tennis tournaments since world war 2!!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh damn. Craziness is happening. This is literally the craziest shit ever isn’t it? They haven’t cancelled these tennis tournaments since world war
The turning point was when she hit that 200km/h aces followed by the other aces. I miss her 2017 serve!

So Spain is partially confining everyone at home one “state” at a time. ?? How are your countries doing fellow veelievers?
Two cases confirmed in Namibia, all Schools and educational institutions are closed, those who known to be in contact with the two tourists are in isolations, preliminarily testing at border entry points, 14 days quarantine for travelers; meetings and gathering are banned for the next 30 days and some other long list of protective measures.

·
Premium Member
20,252 Posts
Oh damn. Craziness is happening. This is literally the craziest shit ever isn’t it? They haven’t cancelled these tennis tournaments since world war 2!!!!
Just the other day I was talking to someone at work and they said restrictions like this (globally) haven't really happened since WW2! And even that was different. The threat then was a potential attack. This is a pathogen that is spreading so rapidly. No one alive has been through this which is why I think it is throwing humanity for a loop.

It's a humbling experience too. We tread on the earth so much. But really you can see when it wants to fight back we are pretty powerless against it.

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
Stay safe everyone!

Now that I think about it, if Venus had a lingering injury that needed surgery, would this be the time to have it? We are looking at a complete washout of the season until AT LEAST June.

5061 - 5080 of 5152 Posts