·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Good luck in the semi's Venus!!!!

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well Venus is doing great so far, had once again a close two set match, but she is getting there. Her next opponent is Olaru. To be honest I have never heard of her, but she is obviously having a good tournament as well. She beated out an ill feeling S. Stosur in the quarters. I have found out that she was a junior finalist at Roland Garros once, so we shouldn't underestimate her at all. Let's goo Vee!

vs.

WTA Memphis semi-finals 2007 Olaru vs. Venus Williams second night match on Friday, today, the first night match will start at 6.30 PM Memphis time!

·
King
28,658 Posts
Cmon Vee, we all believe in you, make the finals and win the whole thing :bounce:, i have heard Olaru is actually a bit of a tough opponent from someone on the board, so Vee should be vigilant :scared:

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Venus into the finals! :cool:

One match at a time and steady
progression of good solid play! :D

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Venus Williams has made it to the finals, and she is very excited. But the job isn't done yet, she is going to face the number 1 seed of the tournament and that is Shahar Peer. This young lady comes from Israel and was in the military of Israel, so she is mentally strong. We saw that at this years Australian Open where she gave Serena a tough test. Peer has got solid ground strokes and a solid serve. And obviously nobody should take her for granted cause she is not for nothing the number 1 seed. Venus seems to shake rust bit by bit, but her game can always be better like she says. As long as she is enjoying it, and she won't be feeling the pressure. Let's goo Vee!

vs.

WTA Memphis Final 2007 Shahar Peer vs. Venus Williams , the match starts at 7.00 PM Memphis time!

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I love the match-up pics you have been posting!!
Well thank you winone23:) that is really nice of you to say. Well I'm just trying to make this thread more beautiful but obviously it wouldn't be as wonderfull without the fans of course;) :bounce:

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Venus you can do it!!!!! :music: :rocker2: :rocker:

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Go Venus you can do it!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ladies and Gentlemen here is the 2007 Memphis Champion

VENUS WILLIAMS!!!

Well I've really enjoyed the whole week, and I love it that Venus won immediately, I have kept it for myself the whole time but I wanted Venus to win this soo badly but I didn't want to put pressure on her. I would like to thank all the fans that have supported Venus this week and made this thread soo cheerfull!

See you all in Miami;)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts