121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
54,079 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
US Open qualifying:

Varvara debuted on a GS qualfying draw in commanding form. She beat Italian Trevisan 60 61 :eek: :yeah:

She plays Kovinic next

·
Registered
154 Posts
Varya is into the Final Round of the USO Qualies!
She defeated Danka Kovinic (12# seed) - 7-6 (3), 6-1.
Next opponent - Richel Hogenkamp.
Good luck, Varya!

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Come on Varya one more, vperyod! :armed: :cheer:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Varya lost the final round of the USO Qualies. - 4-6, 6-7 (6)...
She choked in the third set (from 4-1 to 4-4 and then in the TB - she lost 5 points in a row - 6-3 to 6-8)
She'll learn from this loss (along from the Hsieh's one), because she is so talented, smart and varietive.
Now we can hope for a LL place!

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
So much choking in the 2nd set, that was quite painful to follow :eek: :sobbing: :hug:

That said, making Q3 at your first ever Slam qualies ain't too bad :yeah: Have the LLs been picked yet? #Iknownothing

·
Registered
154 Posts
So much choking in the 2nd set, that was quite painful to follow :eek: :sobbing: :hug:

That said, making Q3 at your first ever Slam qualies ain't too bad :yeah: Have the LLs been picked yet? #Iknownothing
Yes - 4LL places (Badosa, Lepchenko, Hon and Gibbs).

@Sobachka, are you pleased by Varvara's game and do you think she can become great player in the future?

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Ugh :sad: At least Paula got one, I guess...

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
@Sobachka, are you pleased by Varvara's game and do you think she can become great player in the future?
I could only see the highlights of her great match against Hsieh, but that glimpse really impressed me, yeah :eek: :hearts:

What's great too I think is that she's been improving at her own rhythm and fairly under the radar, but her ascension has been steady and relentless so far :cheer:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think she deserves more attention...She almost beat Hsieh, which is phenomenal!
Also, Anastasia Zakharova, who is the best 2002-prospect in Russia and one of the best in the world, according to her ranking. She deserves a thread!

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,726 Posts
She had a great win over Danilovic 6-2 4-6 6-1 then lost to Larsson 7-5 6-3.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts