Tennis Forum banner
101 - 120 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
Caty 🎾
313 Posts
There have been posters on here before claiming to have personal friendships etc, this one poster claimed to be part of Yastremska’s team - you never know when a joke is a joke these days.
That's true, but I can tell you right now that I don't know a single tennis player personally!

And while I would prioritize my relationship over my professional career, I would never advise anyone unless one specifically requests it – nobody needs unsolicited advice, like ever.

·
Banned
8,416 Posts
Hopefully they are now on a break and then they got married in 4 months , the same as Svitolina and her husband did

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
This is sad news as they are a cute couple, and ground breaking to have a gay couple on tour together. For many players it is time apart that is the strain. Not sure how often they have players the same tournament but I think they’ve been in the players box for each other over the last few months more often than Gael and Elina as they are often at different locations on the WTA and ATP tour.
Anyway, wishing the best for them both.

Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
15,510 Posts

"Does anyone have a flat/room/appartment I could rent for 1 or 2 months? (End of November/December) Antwerp region."
I think your best bet is to look at airbnb Antwerp. They have a lot of listings, I just looked. If you go that route be sure to use your filter and click on HOST, they are the most reliable. Also, if you stay at least a month or longer there are discounts for length of stay.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Not that I’m one to gossip ;) but I wonder if AVU owns the property they were presumably living in.
She certainly has significantly higher career earnings, ~3.5x by my rough math.

Wouldn't be surprising if she put her 2015 RG QF funds towards some kind of housing for herself, and Minnen has yet to have the kind of payday to make the sort of downpayment needed for housing.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Belgium doesn't have a house crisis?

·
Registered
Caty 🎾
313 Posts
Belgians are born with a brick in their stomach – there will never be a housing crisis in Belgium. It's the almost obsessive goal of most Belgians to own something as soon as they have a reliable income. Greet has more than enough income to afford a home in Belgium.

She's just moving out pronto and it takes time to find something new.

·
Banned
8,416 Posts
Belgians are born with a brick in their stomach – there will never be a housing crisis in Belgium. It's the almost obsessive goal of most Belgians to own something as soon as they have a reliable income. Greet has more than enough income to afford a home in Belgium.

Are you from Belgian ? I thought you are from US ;)

·
Registered
17,802 Posts

Since we're in gossiping mood let's say Minnen really wants to get away from AVU (the one who is a Brussels area native).

What Minnen plans is logical as Antwerp is naturally first alternative to every Belgian who wants to get away from the capital.

101 - 120 of 226 Posts