Tennis Forum banner

441 - 446 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
WTA Brasil Tennis Cup 2016

Valeria Solovyeva - Qualifying - Primeiro Dia







Qualifying (2 dia)









(Photos: facebook.com/BrasilTennisCup )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Fell to JJ, 57 46. Not a bad scoreline, and JJ went out in the next round.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Kremlin Cup qualies

Lera couldn't quite pull off the upset against (4) Buyukakcay, 61 67(2) 16 :hug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,575 Posts
Wow, over a year since last post :eek:

So time to catch. She has not played much this year, and drops down the rankings around 550. But this week she plays in Santa Margherita di Pula 25K

QR2 (8)Valeria Solovyeva (RUS) d. Svenja Ochsner (SUI) 63 61
QFR (8)Valeria Solovyeva (RUS) d. (12)Ksenia Palkina (KGZ) 63 60

R1 (Q)Valeria Solovyeva (RUS) d. (Q)Giorgia Marchetti (ITA) 64 60
R2 (Q)Valeria Solovyeva (RUS) d. Anastasiya Vasylyeva (UKR) 63 62

Good to see she still is playing :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Salar

·
Registered
Joined
·
54,079 Posts
Has Valeria Solovyeva retired?

She played her last tournament in Jul 2018.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54,079 Posts

www.instagram.com/p/B_iKon8gRQU/

Valeriya Solovyeva

April 28, 2020

#MyBTR- “As a junior I was someone that parents would use as an example for their kids all the time. Saying, ‘Look at her footwork, copy her attitude, she is the best junior’, and so on. I signed a contract with Nike and Babolat while also signing with a management agency when I was 13 years old. This was all after winning the Orange Bowl. Things looked pretty good at that moment with a very promising future, but things turned around. I felt so much pressure and responsibility to perform as a 14 year old kid and I couldn’t handle the expectations that came with it. I was just a kid who did what she was told to do, win. When you hear on a daily basis that you must win, you truly forget to play tennis or enjoy the game. The tennis court was a stressful zone for me. As I went on court for the next few years knowing I wasn’t allowed to lose, that’s all that was happening, over and over again. I was only thinking about results and not how I could improve my game. I lost confidence, everybody else was getting better but me. I felt that I wasn’t good enough and that something was wrong with me. My management was concerned and not satisfied with my performance while repeating that younger girls were showing better results than me. My father continued to be angry when I lost matches. I needed my mother, but she was in Russia while I was in Florida with my father, without the phones we have today to talk. I had no escape from this world. My mentality was hit hard and I’ve paid for it ever since. I’ve started to enjoy tennis again when I got older, but I can’t remember one minute during my youth when I did. It was a torture and not my choice. I did what I was told to do so I wouldn’t get physically abused. I wanted to go to school like a normal kid and have friends. In the end, what does it all matter. We only see this 10% of those who succeed and make a nice living out of playing sports, but what about the rest? Nobody knows what happens to the other 90% of young girls. I can’t really judge what is right or wrong, but let your kids do what they have passion for. Listen to your children and let them explore things. You will maintain close and loving relationship to your children this way and they will thank you for that later. Pushing people too far never works in the long term. Sooner or later it comes to a sad, horrible end. The truth is the kids are the ones that have to live with this trauma, not the parents, coaches or agents. Your children need your attention and care. I forgave my father after many years, it was my choice, I was tired of being angry. I love my family and always will, but many of the girls I know in the same situation have never spoken to their parents again and are not very stable. In the end I did have good results but my life could have been much better with being happy off court and actually enjoying this game. I couldn’t know this at the time. I’ve stopped my career due to an injury that I couldn’t solve and now I’m coaching. My main purpose with coaching is to give my players support, care, and a safe surrounding. I try to give them positive energy and of course my knowledge. A tennis career is a long term process and you better love and enjoy it, otherwise it will never turn out the way you want.”
Valeriya Solovyeva (lera.solovyeva)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Следопыт
441 - 446 of 446 Posts
Top