Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
nahhh... just a fluke from her :p
she has game, but i dont think she has enough game or consistency to do this week in week out.
something she can work on though! :p

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,715 Posts
Actually I'd would say she had quite a large group of loyal fans, who have been waiting for Julia to breakthough, for quite a while. Being a Vakulenko fan has for sometime been both exciting and frustrating at the same time. I think I speak for most Vakulenko fans when I say we have known for a long time she has top 20 talent but not ever been totally sure whether or not she would forfill that potential. There has been over the years many signs of hope but at other times Julia would disappear and one was never really sure when (or sometimes even if) she would be back. So I think right now a little rejoicing is quite appropiate. :bounce:

·
36,715 Posts
nahhh... just a fluke from her :p
she has game, but i dont think she has enough game or consistency to do this week in week out.
something she can work on though! :p
Believe me here, she has game alright, she has all the skills needed to be top 20 and honestly I don't believe top 10 is out the question one day. This year she has shown the consistancy too. The only question mark with Julia has ever been whether she can stay strong emotionally. Right now, happily, all signs are that she can. :rocker:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts
No.

·
Registered
52,365 Posts

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
In last 8 years she dont do it nothing in WTA - but in last 8 days she beat Clijsters, Mauresmo and Safina :tape: :tape: :tape: :eek: .

If she lose tommorow against Ana i will be in her bandwagon for sure! :devil:

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In last 8 years she dont do it nothing in WTA - but in last 8 days she beat Clijsters, Mauresmo and Safina :tape: :tape: :tape: :eek: .

OMG right. i almost forgot she sent Kim home (and i mean forever :sad: )
bravo Julia :bowdown:

·
36,715 Posts

You just haven't been paying attention.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Does anyone have her on video? I remember seeing her against Hantuchova in 2003, at the US Open, when Daniela was an emotional basketcase, and I don't remember much other than her interesting tactic to just hit huge moonballs in the second set...sure enough Daniela got all cracked up and nearly lost it again.

She hits pretty hard, no?

·
36,715 Posts
Will she became Benjamin Becker of womens play :D We know where he is after sendin Agassie in retirement... ;)
A couple of huge differances between Becker and Vakulenko. Becker can not play on clay. Julia, while she has acheived most of her success on clay, can play on anything. Julia is also 2 years younger than Becker.

·
Banned
6,444 Posts

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
I like Julia since she almost beat Mary in Wimbly 2005 2R (11-9 for Mary in last set!). And that I learned she was one of Mary's best friends in tennis.
Then I met her and she is so sweet! Such a nice girl, and her game is really interesting, when she can hit her first serve right and stay focused all match!
So I've always believed in her, I believe in her today, and will no matter what happens tomorrow!

Come on Julia! :bounce:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts