Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
956 Posts
Anytime a "list" of any subject matter is compiled, it is bound to be controversial. That is a given. And this list is no different. Often we critisize the list without even knowing what are the criteria for being on the list in the first place. One this in irrefutable (SP), Venus and Serena have had a PROFOUND impact on the sport of tennis on and off the courts.

· Registered
956 Posts
maccardel said:
I am not disputing Serena and Venus but some of the other celebrities or icons..........I think it should be based on International appeal also....so once again, how is Pam Anderson ranked so high?
Maccardel, I thing the key word in your response is "international". Many americans think of America as the "world". The assumption that if someone is popular in America, therefore they must be popular in the "world" is a flawed one. Since VH1 is an american medium, they were probably focussing on who or what is popular within an american context. Obviously I do not support this blatant display of arrogance, but it been that way for some time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.