Tennis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MIA plays DINU IN THE QF

this will be a rematch ofthe recent final where MIA won V.BANJA 25K over DINU in three sets :)

MIA is on a TEAR, the girl who just turned 16 won the 25k version and has a good chance to win the 60k V.BANJA this week :)

in between V.BANJA 25K and this event she played and easily won a JUNIOR GRADE 1 on clay and has NOT LOST IN AGES!

AJDE GIRL!!!

Another rising player to keep an eye on for future......:)go MIA

·
Registered
26,925 Posts
MIA plays DINU IN THE QF

this will be a rematch ofthe recent final where MIA won V.BANJA 25K over DINU in three sets :)

MIA is on a TEAR, the girl who just turned 16 won the 25k version and has a good chance to win the 60k V.BANJA this week :)

in between V.BANJA 25K and this event she played and easily won a JUNIOR GRADE 1 on clay and has NOT LOST IN AGES!

AJDE GIRL!!!

Another rising player to keep an eye on for future......:)go MIA
Mia actually won two juniors tournaments in between the two events in Vrnjacka Banja :angel: THe J1 in Pancevo and J2 in Novi Sad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the relevance of the age of the winner in the match that ends with RET?
She won the first set before top seed was too injured and just turned sixteen.....
She won today AGAIN in QF vs CRISTINA DINU 64 63

She was up 64 51 :) it got a bit too close but MIA makes her way to her first 60K SEMI!

Also just after turning 16 she won a 25K last month beating DINU in the final :D 2-0 against her now!! good for a junior with no experience

·
Registered
16,328 Posts
Mia has been on a mission lately. Looks ready attack top 200 next year.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Nice serve, decent from both wings, can play drop shots, however I didn't notice any big weapon, not quite sure about her movement as well... Her constitution is great for a tennis player though, decent height and doesn't seem fragile. I hope that she can make it.

Final verdict
Forehead Chin Eyebrow Facial expression Eyelash

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ JJ Epress.....She has been developing rather fast and as you said has a great constitution to become good or even very good in future...... i think she will she is only 17 and developing better than most juniors her age

·
Registered
15,087 Posts
Nice serve, decent from both wings, can play drop shots, however I didn't notice any big weapon, not quite sure about her movement as well... Her constitution is great for a tennis player though, decent height and doesn't seem fragile. I hope that she can make it.

Final verdict
View attachment 231531
And what exactly is the "big weapon" of a Brenda Fruhvirtova or Sara Bejlek for example? Ristic is playing excellent tennis, made HUGE jumps this year and tearing apart the ITF pro scene after just turning 16-years old.. give her some respect please even if she doesn't have a "fancy" playstyle that you would love to see.

It's just discrimination that everyone is hyping Brenda Fruhvirtova who also doesn't have massive power or shots, but Ristic gets put in negative light even though she is winning. You will learn in future, that different playstyles can lead to success.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
And what exactly is the "big weapon" of a Brenda Fruhvirtova or Sara Bejlek for example? Ristic is playing excellent tennis, made HUGE jumps this year and tearing apart the ITF pro scene after just turning 16-years old.. give her some respect please even if she doesn't have a "fancy" playstyle that you would love to see.

It's just discrimination that everyone is hyping Brenda Fruhvirtova who also doesn't have massive power or shots, but Ristic gets put in negative light even though she is winning. You will learn in future, that different playstyles can lead to success.
And I thought I was being positive with my post o_Oo_Oo_O
It's not that I personally want her to have big weapons, this is not about me, it's a general concern for all these talented juniors including Fruhvitrova. Many of them in the past failed to make transition to WTA and only time will tell what's going to happen with these youngsters. I'm not an expert that's for sure, but I do feel she has potential and I genuinely hope she will make it.

·
Registered
15,087 Posts
SF:
Lost 6-0 0-6 4-6 vs Potocnik.

Fairytale run is over. Serbian crowd has been ruthless, dead silent on Potocnik points and super cheering on Ristic points. Ristic was mad at the end, threw her racket but nice words at the net from Potocnik who encouraged the Junior.
Ristic was the aggressive one, needing to find ways to make points against "the wall" Potocnik. Image is after Potocnik converted the 5th MP (Mia defended 4 MP's, including 3 consecutive ones from 0-40 down at Potocnik serve), when Mia threw her racquet in anger.
Track and field athletics Sports equipment Field house Line Player

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
SF:

Fairytale run is over. Serbian crowd has been ruthless, dead silent on Potocnik points and super cheering on Ristic points. Ristic was mad at the end, threw her racket but nice words at the net from Potocnik who encouraged the Junior.
Ristic was the aggressive one, needing to find ways to make points against "the wall" Potocnik. Image is after Potocnik converted the 5th MP (Mia defended 4 MP's, including 3 consecutive ones from 0-40 down at Potocnik serve), when Mia threw her racquet in anger.
View attachment 231673
agree with analysis..... looks like she ran out of steam tho after set one she was close to four finals in a row inc. seniors and juniors!

future looks bright, she fought hard to save those four match points as well and looked like she was going to come back at one stage!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
SF:

View attachment 231673
Potocnik is very kind, she also applaud opponent's shots sometimes. That's one of the reasons I am big fan of her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts