Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
USST: Puppy Pooch Championship

Welcome to the Puppy Pooch Championship hosted in the beautiful country of Latvia. This is the third tournament of the season and looks to be very high quality matches ahead.

At this tournament we will find out if someone can end Flavia Pennetta's 6 game winning-streak and become a new champion.

Someone can prove to the tour that they are the best. Will it be Pennetta? Elia? Clijsters? Baltacha?

Stick around....and you'll see.

Tournament Information

This is where all the tournament information will be kept. Things like when to send in your points, how much money you will recieve when you win or lose, what players have entered, the draw and more.

Singles Draw

http://www.tournawiz.com/8draw.php?id=9&uid=alextreiber03

Doubles Draw

http://www.tournawiz.com/8draw.php?id=11&uid=alextreiber03

If you want to play doubles say who you want to play doubles with and commit yourself. The draw will be updated everytime someone enters the tournaments.

Basic Information

Tier: II
Prize Money: $24500.00 US
Surface: Hardcourt

Prize Money

Singles:

Entry Fee: $250.00 US

1st Round Loss: $3062.50 US

Semi-Final Loss: $6125.00 US

Final Loss: $12250.00 US

Final Win: $24500.00 US

Doubles:

Entry Fee: $250.00 US

1st Round Loss: $1531.25 US

Semi-Final Loss: $3062.50 US

Final Loss: $6125.00 US

Final Win: 12250.00 US

Weekly Schedule

Wednesday: Singles and Doubles Points are Due
Thursday: Singles 1st Round; Doubles 1st Round
Friday: Singles Semi-Final; Doubles Semi-Final
Saturday: Singles Final; Doubles Final​

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Women's Preview

This looks to be another tournament for Pennetta to win! Can anyone really stop her? Who has the nerve? The will? The fight?

Here is a preview of the coming matches:

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) VS. Elena Baltacha (GRB)

A new-comer VS. was a new-comer last week. This is going to be a tough match to call. None of us know what Hantuchova has! Elena has started off the season with an UMPGH and is playing really good tennis. While we just don't know about Hantuchova.

Pick: Batlacha (just because we don't know about Hantuchova) in 3 sets

Kim Clijsters (BEL) VS. Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)

Very, very, very tough to call. Kim's mental state is not so good right now even though she did win a doubles title last week. While Amelie has lost in a couple of heart-breaker's. It will be interesting to see who will come out on top. But I think I'm gonna go on a long shot.

Pick: Clijsters in 2 sets

Maria Sharapova (RUS) VS. Silvia Farina Elia (ITA)

What Elia brought to her last match was utterly despicable. It was the worst tennis I've ever seen played on the tour. She really needs to learn you can't win every tournament and sometimes when you choke you just have to move (Elia lead Pennetta, 6-2, 4-0 before she lost, 2-6, 7-5, 6-2) on. Sharapova has started of the season well but lost in a tough battle to Pennetta last week.

Pick: Sharapova in 3 sets

Predictions

Here is what I really think will happen as the tournament progress on:

Semi-Finals

(1) Flavia Pennetta (ITA) VS. Elena Baltacha (GRB)

Maria Sharapova (RUS) VS. Kim Clijsters (BEL)

Finals

(1) Flavia Pennetta (ITA) VS. Maria Sharapova (RUS)

Winner

(1) Flavia Pennetta

Rankings

If Pennetta and Elia fall early and if Rubin and Williams go far they can get close to overtaking them.​

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
F.Y.I.

- For your information if Pennetta goes far in her other tournament and all the seeds drop early Pennetta could have at least an 800 points lead over the No. 2 person in the world

- For your information if you Rubin and Williams go far and Hingis and Elia do not they could easily become the No. 2 and 3 players

- For your information if Pennetta wins the Puppy Pooch tournament she will have a 8 match winning streak and 3 singles titles

- For your information if your name is in bold in the predictions area you have sent points. If your name isn't in bold I'LL KILL YOU or worse....so send in points :)

1 - 20 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.