Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
USST: Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Cup

Welcome to the mother of all countries, "Mother Russia". Home too the Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Cup and home to some of the most competitive tennis in the world.

Because of Russia's horrible advertising only four players decided to commit to "Mother Russia's" wonderful tournament. But you know it doesn't matter because these players are some of the best around the world.

Even though a majority of the top players are missing fromt he action this tournament still looks to be a highly competitive one.

Who will break the Russian ice? Will it be Dokic? Hantuchova? Pistolesi? or Seles.

Stay tuned and find out.

Tournament Information

This is where all the tournament info will be kept. Things like when to send in points, how much money you will recieve when you win or lose, what players have entered, the draw, and more.

Singles Draw

http://www.tournawiz.com/8draw.php?id=17&uid=alextreiber03

Prize Money

Singles:

Entry Fee: $0.00 US

Winner: $12000.00 US

Final Loss: $6000.00 US

Semi-Final Loss: $3000.00 US

Weekly Schedule

Monday September 29th: OFF
Tuesday September 30th: OFF
Wednesday October 1st: OFF
Thursday October 2nd: Singles Points Due;
Friday October 3rd: Singles Semi-Finals;
Saturday October 4th: Singles Final​

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Womens Preview

Because there are no 1st Round matches I will just do a preview of the Semi-Finals.

Here is how I think this tournament will shape out:

(1) Jelena Dokic (YUG) VS. Monica Seles (USA)

Jelena has had the worst year while Monica is new to the game and hasn't had much experience with points and all. Although its really hard to say I think I'm going to go with the kid that has the most experience.

Pick: Dokic in 3 sets

(2) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) VS. Anna Pistolesi (ISR)

Daniela hasn't started off the year with a big bang either while Pistolesi is a newcomer. It should be interesting to see who wins this because nerves are certain to come over Hantuchova and Pistolesil.

Pick: Daniela in 2 sets

Predictions:

Here is what I think will happen throughout the whole tournament:

Semi-Finals

(2) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) VS. Anna Pistolesi (ISR)

Final

(1) Jelena Dokic (YUG) VS. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)

Winner

(2) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)​

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Contenders

I will post here at every tournament who I think the top two contenders are to win the tournament. This week its none-other than Jelena Dokic, and Daniela Hantuchova.

Jelena Dokic

Jelena has had a bad year so far but I feel that this is her tournament to wake up in. She showed some good tennis in the last couple of weeks but fell in heart-breakers too Chanda Rubin 7-6 in the third at the Kitty Classic and 6-2 in the second against Sharapova.

Jelena has shown that she wants to win something or be a top player by slowly progressing every single tournament. It should be interesting if she can up her level because she will be playing two tournaments in one week which could lead to fatigue.

Daniela Hantuchova

I really think Daniela can up the anty by finally getting some matches under her belt after losing a heart-breaker to Baltacha last week 6-3 in the third. Daniela however was the only person to take a set off of Baltacha en route to Baltachas title. Which in my opinion is quite impressive.

Daniela has super-hard groundstrokes and super-consistency which could lead her to be a top player. I believe she lost last week for two reasons. 1. Nerves and 2. She didn't believe she could do it. Now that Hantuchova has woken herself up she should be able to win her first career title.

Good luck to both players :)

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) Tournament threads to be made soon
:) Draws to be made soon

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) Tournament Thread Updated

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) Womens Preview Update

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) The Contenders Updated

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Dokic/Seles for doubles?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
In the preview you said Pistolesi will defeat Daniela but under that you put Daniela whould win hows the possable

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ETPA-Tour said:
In the preview you said Pistolesi will defeat Daniela but under that you put Daniela whould win hows the possable
Oops thanks for telling me that I ment Danilea in 2 sets

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tomorrow :) If you look at the schedule up top you wouldn't have had to asked.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:) Doubles Draw Created

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its been fixed.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:sad: Doubles has been Cancelled, due to lack of sending points
:) Matches to be played soon[/b]

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Order of Play

Centre Court

(2) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) VS. Anna Pistolesi (ISR)​

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
Poor Monica, playing two tournaments at one time. She is going to pass out. ;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts