Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
USST: Kelloggs Championship

Welcome to the International Kelloggs Championship hosted in the beautiful place of Honolul, Hawaii. This is one of the first tournaments of the season! Not only is this tournament beautiful this tournament looks to be a fierce battle.

From this tournament we will find out who the best players are and who the best players aren't. We are sure to find an up-and-coming star and a champion of the future.

One of these 8 women are going to hold the title and possible become No. 1 by the end of this week.

Stayed tuned for the exciting action.

Tournament Information

This is where all the information about the tournament will be posted. Things like when to send in points, how much money you will recieve, when you win or lose, what players have entered, the draw, and more.

Singles Draw

Doubles Draw

If you want to play doubles say who you want to play with and commit yourself. The draw will be updated whenever someone enters the tournaments.

Basic Information
Tier: III
Prize Money: $7500.00 US
Surface: Hard Court

Prize Money

Singles

Entry Fee: $ 0.00 US

1st Round Loss: $ 2250.00 US

Semi-Final Loss: $ 3250.00 US

Final Loss: $ 3750.00 US

Final Win: $ 7500.00 US

Doubles

Entry Fee: $ 0.00 US

1st Round Loss: $ 1000.00 US

Final Lose: $ 1875.00 US

Final Win: $ 3750.00 US

Prize Money

Monday: Doubles and Singles Points are Due
Tuesday: Singles - 1st Round
Wednesday: Doubles - 1st Round
Thursday: Singles - Semi Final's
Friday: Doubles - Final
Saturday: Singles - Final​

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Womens Preview

Which one of these 8 lovely ladies will step it up and win the title? Maybe even the Number 1 position. Who is going to prove to the tour that they are the ultimate champion? Who will fight for the glory and take out competition?

Here is a preview of the coming matches:

(1) Chanda Rubin (USA) VS. Anne Keothavong (GRB):

Both players want to be No. 1. Who wil have enough grit to actually attack. Anne has a chance in taking the outright No. 1 if she beats Rubin and takes the title. She'd have beating No. 1 bonus points and winning a title. Look for the most agressive player to win this one.

Elena Dementieva (RUS) VS.Kim Clijsters (BEL):

This will be the battle of the fittest. Whoever can be consistent and strong throughout this match will be victor. It would be suprising not to see a hard battle. Look for the most consistent player to win this one.

Serena Williams (USA) VS. Paola Suarez (ARG):

It looks like pretty much consistency will be the main factor. If Serena or Suarez go out wacking balls they might find themselves bageled. Keep the ball in play and go for your shots is the main factor they have to think of. Pretty much consistensy and mental confidence will give the player the edge.

(2) Venus Williams (USA) VS. Barbara Schwartz (AUT):

This time its a whole different story. Both players have to be agressive to win this one. Agressive and consistent. If you can be both of those you might have a shot at this title. Who knows? But for either player to win this match they have to play smart, agressive, and stay consistent.

Predictions

We don't really know yet but hey I'll just make a random prediction:

Treiber's Picks​

Semi-Finals

(2) Venus Williams (USA) VS. Serena Williams (USA)

(1) Chanda Rubin (USA) VS. Kim Clijsters (BEL)

Finals

(1) Chanda Rubin (USA) VS. Serena Williams (USA)

Winner

(1) Chanda Rubin (USA)

Rankings

Whoever wins this tournament may get their first title and the No. 1 position. There is one thing we know for sure though whoever wins this title will be No. 1 on the Money List!​

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Reminder

Even though some of you did send me points earlier in the week. I don't know why exactly you must send them again because I deleted them all. Please don't send points unless the draw is realeased.

Also the seedings were randomly selected so don't think I chose you over other players because I like you more. The seedings work the same so if you beat the No. 1 player in this tournament you recieve 100 bonus points if you beat No. 2 75 bonus points etc.

Finally please make sure you write lots of articles!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Serena Williams requests that her sister, Venus Williams is her doubles partner :confused:

Could these two sisters arrive in Hawaii and become doubles partners and begin to dominate USST?? Well today Serena asks sister Venus to be her partner....will Venus say yes?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Venus replies with a quick gracious and fortunate yes. Venus is very flattered that her amazing sister would give her that opportunity.
She replies with "great things are to come in the future"...

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The doubles draw will be created in about 10 minutes. I will add teams as I go, when more enter the doubles draw.

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doubles draw has been posted and will be updated whenever players enter the doubles draw.

Chanda Rubin is looking for a doubles partner so if you are interested ask to play with her! :)

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Jennifer you are not even in this tournament. Please look at the draw and you will not find your name. You will not be with Chanda Rubin in doubles because you are not entered.

Sorry. You'll have to wait until next week. By the way you haven't even commited to tournaments so hurry up and go do that or you won't be aloud in to any.

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Barbara Schwartz and Chanda Rubin are now a team. Because I just realized Jennifer is not playing in this tournament it will not be a Chanda Rubin/Capriati team. It will be a Rubin/Schwartz team.

Paola Suarez is looking for a doubles partner. Anyone interested?

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The player names that are in bold in the predictions area means that they have sent points in.

I am going to make random predictions in about 5 minutes come back to see what I think.

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a notice....

If by the end of the day doubles partners haven't been chosen I will put you together automatically. After that you will have 1 day to send in doubles points.

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Doubles Teams

Because some of you just couldn't decide who to play with I've decided to decide for you:

Teams

(1) Venus Williams (USA)/Serena Williams (USA)

(2) Elena Dementieva (RUS)/Anne Keothavong (GRB)

Chanda Rubin (USA)/Barbara Schwartz (AUT)

Paola Suarez (ARG)/Kim Clijsters (BEL)

So that means all you doubles players owe points for your matches. You will all be sent reminders but I would appreciate it if I didn't have to and you all sent them in.​

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.