Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
USST: Chrysanthemums Classic

Welcome to the Chrysanthemums Classic hosted in the sunny state of Florida in the wonderful United States of America. This is the second tournament of the season and looks to be a very competitive one after last weeks faboulous tournaments in Chicago and Hawaii.

At this tournament we will find out if last weeks champions deserved there title and if there any new stars to join the field!

This week someone could jump up the rankings and test the system where others could falter.

Who will it be? Stick around....and you'll see.

Tournament Information

This is where all the tournament information will be kept. Things like when to send in your points, how much money you will recieve when you win or lose, what players have entered, the draw and more.

Singles Draw

http://www.tournawiz.com/8draw.php?id=6&uid=alextreiber03

Doubles Draw

http://www.tournawiz.com/8draw.php?id=8&uid=alextreiber03

If you want to play doubles say who you want to play doubles with and commit yourself. The draw will be updated everytime someone enters the tournaments. Only two teams are allowed since there are so few people.

Basic Information

Tier: III
Prize Money: $15000.00 US
Surface: Hardcourt

Prize Money

Singles

Entry Fee: $0.00 US

1st Round Loss: $1875.00 US

Semi-Final Loss: $3750.00 US

Final Loss: $7500.00 US

Final Win: $15000.00 US

Doubles

Entry Fee: $0.00 US

Final Loss: $3750.00 US

Final Win: $7000.00 US

Weekly Schedule

Wednesday: Singles Points are Due
Thursday: Singles 1st Round; Doubles Points Due
Friday: Singles Semi-Final; Double Final
Saturday: Singles Final​

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Womens Preview

Who will win this wonderful tournament? Who has the guts too hit shots down the line and go for a lot? Who is ready to test the best?

Here is a preview of the coming matchs:

Paola Suarez (ARG) VS. Mary Pierce (FRA)

Quite an interesting match-up between these two players. Paola Suarez lost a heart-breaker to Serena last week and proved she can test the top while Mary Pierce is a new-comer to the game, and we don't really know how she plays. If Paola can stay consistent she will win, if Paola lets the pressure get to her she'll lose.

Pick: Pierce in 3 tough sets

Predictions

Here is what I really think will happen:

Semi-Finals

(1) Chanda Rubin (USA) VS. Mary Pierce (FRA)

(2) Barbara Schwartz (AUT) VS. Marion Bartoli (FRA)

Final

(1) Chanda Rubin (USA) VS. Marion Bartoli (FRA)

Winner

(1) Chanda Rubin

Rankings

Rubin could lose her No. 3 ranking if she loses early, and if someone who is ranked No. 4 goes far.​

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
F.Y.I

- For your information if Silvia Farina Elia gets 1 more round ahead of Flavia Pennetta Silvia could get the No. 1 ranking. If that were to happen Silvia would take the No. 1 spot in the Championships Race as well.

- For your information the outcome of the Chrysanthemums tournament will not effect the rankings at all except for the fact that Rubin could lose the No. 3 position. If she wins the tournament she will not move up at all unless Pennetta and Elia lose first round, which I highly doubt.

- For your information if your name is in bold in the predictions are you have sent points for you singles matches. If your name isn't in bold you haven't sent in points. So send those damn points in...NOW.....please :D!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
usawildcat929 said:
No introduction or picture for this tournament like the others??? :(
KK introduction posted. Sorry it wasn't sooner its just I had to go out for lunch! But its all done. The predictions and reminders will be posted later tonight! Good luck!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Barbara Schwartz/Rubin Confirmed...

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Women's Preview Updated :D!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
F.Y.I Updated :D!

·
Registered
473 Posts

Chanda Rubin Arrives In Jacksonville

Chanda Rubin the current #3 on USST Tour and #1 seed here, arrived in Jacksonville today after a tournament win in Honolulu. She is currently hitting with her doubles partner Barbara Schwartz, the #2 seed. She is looking forward with another tournament win and her first doubles championship title..

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now there is no excuse for anyone not to send in points. Everyone of you who have not sent points yet were PMed with a reminder of how much time you have to send in points and how! So please send them in soon!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh and by the way the doubles draws will be configured tomorrow, and if you still haven't commited to doubles do it soon please.

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: Babsi arrives! :bounce: :bounce:

Babsi arrives at Florida. She looked a little bit tired but went for training.
Then she went training with Chanda. In an interview she was asked about her first opponent Marion Bartoli. "Ive never played her before but I think my chances are very good to reach the final here." Im really looking forward for the final and it would be great to play it versus Chanda - FLORIDA IM COMING

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Attachments

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The doubles draw is about to be made. After it is made you will have until Wednesday to commit to doubles by choice. Then if you haven't commited by then I'll make your team for you. After that you will have one day to send in your Doubles points.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doubles Draw Created :D!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oops...I guess I made the draw but forgot to edit in the link, sorry about that!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bartoli Withdraws from Doubles

Marion Bartoli has announced today that she will be withdrawing from doubles because she doesn't want to keep off the stress on her ankle that she injured last week. Forcing her to retire from her match last week.

With this withdrawal only Pierce and Suarez can become a team, so they will be automatically put in the doubles draw together.

Bartoli says she is confident she will be able to play singles but doesn't want to "Press Her Luck".

Lets all wish Marion a healthy recovery :D.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts