Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Petra's career is the definition of star-crossed. By all rights, she should have reached #1 and won more Slams.
But I don't think anybody expected much from her this week. Hopefully the arm will heal up in time for the Asian swing.

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
So happy for Andrea, she plays sooo much better at the GS than on the WTA tour. Second R3 this season after beating Hsieh at the French. I'm not that optimistic about her going further, Petkovic looked extremely clueless against Mertens in Mallorca but who knows. Important points for her for sure.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The way 2019 started, I thought Petra was going to have a huge season and potentially snag the #1 ranking. Sadly, things took a turn in the wrong direction. Hopefully she will have a much better fall season and finish the year the way she started.
This as well, though I'm not optimistic for the last sentence!

·
Registered
89,811 Posts
Reactions: leftbrian

·
Registered
35,331 Posts
It's not that mysterious when you match up their games.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Has anyone noticed how when u google h2h between ATP players, the first link is always ATP's official website yet for WTA players u get stevegtennis, matchstat which aren't even accurate... WTA's official website is nowhere to be seen :lol:

·
Registered
32,327 Posts
2nd time this year Petkovic has won back to back in a (MD) tournament. The most amazing part about all of this? That she somehow made it into the US Open with these results. :lol:

Now win it all. :SNE:

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
oy just a horrible match up for Petra - Petko always seems to get up for Petra and relishes playing her

Somehow Petko just knows exactly where Petra's ball is gonna land, and counter punches until she gets a short ball that she hits for a winner

Even Petra's serve which is normally effective against most players is not as effective against Petko - Petra hit no aces and more times than not, Petko was able to get the return in play

In the 2nd set, after being up 4-2 and winning that long service game, Petra seemed to run into a roadblock, shanking balls left and right in the next games, and that's when I knew the match was over

IMO, Petra prob started feeling something in her FH again, hence, not making those easy sitters

·
Registered
582 Posts
Petra had like her best in ages, playing great tennis again and she still cannot win a slam. I think she will stay forever on those 2 WIM.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Has anyone noticed how when u google h2h between ATP players, the first link is always ATP's official website yet for WTA players u get stevegtennis, matchstat which aren't even accurate... WTA's official website is nowhere to be seen :lol:
Even Google's algorithm has objectively decided that the WTA website is trash :eek:h:

Good job, Petko :yeah:
Petra :hug:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
have said it many times before but Andrea's results are always dependent on how her body holds up on any given day. people here act like she just lost her form when in reality her whole career has been about managing chronic injuries. even when she was a regular top 10 player she was protecting her back from breaking match to match.

not sure why people think she has a good draw now really. Mertens on hardcourt is a very tough proposition and she's cruised through her first two rounds. but at least Petko did not have to grind out a long win today so there's hope she'll be somewhat fresh and healthy.

·
Banned
23,797 Posts

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
I really like Andrea as a person but here tennis is sometimes hard to watch. Her technique is so horrible.
She has been working on her serve, she said, puh.. still not round and natural at all.
On the other side one of the most beautiful games ever - but not working ... So sad for Kvitova. What a sad year after that great start.

·
Registered
57,944 Posts
Andrea ! :yeah:

She played well. A great win for her :)
Petra´s game suits her. Andrea likes to play her.
Andrea moved so well. Also she has improved her serve a lot.

Petra :help:

She moves so bad and slow :eek:
Looked clueless. Many UEs. A weak match from her ...

·
Registered
57,944 Posts

·
Registered
57,944 Posts
Reactions: Perun
41 - 60 of 60 Posts